Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Evil is Better

Gonna resurrect this thread since i was going to post one about him myself.

Laymon is one of my favorite authors. He has an incredibly unique style. The first book i ever read by him was The Woods are Dark and hated it. Luckily i decided to give him another chance and read Cuts which was ok. But then i read The Traveling Vampire Show and loved it. After that i was hooked. Here are my top 5 favorites of his:

1. The Traveling Vampire Show
2. In The Dark
3. Island
4. Funland
5. Savage
Old 09-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Love is like dying

i like what i have read so far, beast house is good and like villain travelling vampire show has to be my fave so far. i am still to read alot of his work yet.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Dark Fiction Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to bobbyshane Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyshane
I actually got Triage from the library to check out some of Jack Ketchum's work and was only going to give Laymon a quick taste and ended up finishing the whole novella in one sitting. Definitely a master. I plan on getting my hands on as much of his work as I can asap!

"Part Underworld, part Escape From New York, Shining in Crimson is genuinely frightening, genuinely thrilling, but above all, first-rate storytelling. I'm a Robert S. Wilson fan from now on!"--Joe McKinney, Bram Stoker Award-winning author of Flesh Eaters and Apocalypse of the Dead
Old 09-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Horror Publisher

Laymon had a huge impact on me, not only as a fan of horror and fiction, but as a writer. I love his straight forward, impactful writing. Sadly, I only discovered him after his death, and never had a chance to meet him. I now have a book deal with Deadite Press, and if I could, I would thank him personally for inspiring me and teaching me.

My favorites are The Cellar, Beast House, One Rainy Night, Resurrection Dreams, and of course, The Traveling Vampire Show.

We all miss him, that's for sure.