child's play 3
creepshow
house 2
leatherface: texas chainsaw massacre 3
psycho (can't choose between 2 and 3)
wishmaster 2
Old 08-21-2016, 04:30 PM
Evil Dead

Off-topic but nice to see Brainscan get some love. Always liked that movie a lot.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:52 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

*Just updating my list, don't mind me.*

Halloween
- ...Can I just tie 1 through 5 (excluding 3 of course). I also really really enjoy Resurrection.

Friday the 13th
- I through III (can't really pick just one of these). Really enjoyed Jason Takes Manhattan too.

Hellraiser
- First one, easy! ...or is it. I really like 2 and 3 too... And Hellworld.

Child's Play
- Bride of Chucky. My sister's more into the Chucky films and the reason I watched any of them. 'Bride of Chucky' I enjoyed most cause of Tiffany.

Howling
- First and Original Nightmare. Cause I + IV = book

Tremors
- First. Second wasn't too bad. Third I can't even take seriously but it was better than four and HELLA better than five.

Scream
- First. Although I enjoyed all of them, as Sidney herself said in the 4th movie, "Don't fuck with the original." And I just LOVED the cast in the first.

Jaws
- First one, although I would put the second right after it if not tied with it. I prefer to pretend the rest of the sequels don't exist.

Alien
- Aliens (I confess I haven't seen 3 or the rest of the sequels... if I have I don't remember them, I think I saw AVP once but idk... but Aliens was so hella good I can't imagine any of the sequels being better.)

Psycho
- It's been a while since I've watched the sequels, but I do remember none of them wowed me like the first. So I'm going with the original on this one.

Puppet Master
- Another I haven't seen all of and that my memory of the sequels of are a touch fuzzy... but probably Toulon's Revenge because, again, it left the best impact.

Joy Ride
- First one. Rusty Nail is an under rated slasher that they only insulted with the sequels. ...Or at least the third one.

I Know What You Did Last Summer
- I enjoyed the first two about equally well... but for originality I'm probably going to have to go with the first. I haven't seen the third but it doesn't have any of the original cast so...

Hannibal Lecter series
- I loved the book Red Dragon, but have yet to actually see any of the movies for it or the prequel, Hannibal Rising (read the book for that one too, did not enjoy as much as Red Dragon but it was still a good read). SotL was enjoyable. Anthony Hopkins as Hanni could not have been more perfect. And the sequel Hannibal I did not hate it as much as most seem too. I actually enjoyed it a lot if not more than SotL.

Children of the Corn
- Saw the first one I believe... I hated it so I have no intention of watching the sequels.

Classic Movie Monsters
- Wolfman (first one and remake)
- Frankenstein (Meets Wolfman)
- Dracula (first one)
- Invisible Man (first one, but Invisible Woman was just as excellent on a more lighthearted scale)
- Cross overs (Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein)
*wasn't big on Mummy and don't remember Creature from Black Lagoon Sequels well enough to judge*

Waldemar Daninsky series
- This one is tough. Werewolf vs. the Vampire Women is probably his most well known, but I honestly don't find it as memorable as some of his others, although I do enjoy the movie. Frankenstein's Bloody Terror and The Werewolf and the Yeti are my favorites. The Fury of the Wolfman is probably close third with Vampire Women. These movies are hard to find, but I've seen most to put my thoughts on my favorites down.

Evil Dead
- First one. The sequels were fine too, but the first can stand alone as a horror without as much silliness, the ending is less of a cliff hanger than the second (and kinda the third although mostly I just wasn't satisfied with the ending of that one either... DAMMIT, ASH YOU HAVE A FUCKING CHAINSAW FOR A HAND, USE IT!!), and there was just less that had me scratching my head. In the beginning of the second AND third they changed the endings of the movies before them. I don't understand why and it was very distracting.

Series to add (what I've seen of them):
- Paranormal Activity (none)
- Nightmare on Elm Street (first and a few sequels)
- Final Destination (none)
- Poltergeist (first)
- Exorcist (first)
- Predator (first?)
- Phantasm (none, idk what this even is)
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (first)
- Saw??
- Re-animator (THERE ARE SEQUELS?!)
- Gremlins (first)
- Critters (none)
- Amityville Horror (first and a horrible sequel)
- The Omen (first two)
- Gingersnaps (first and maybe two of the sequels that need rewatched)

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!

Last edited by Roiffalo; 07-09-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:09 PM
ventricle

Can I micro-comment my petty opinions on your picks? Cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
*Just updating my list, don't mind me.*

Halloween
- ...Can I just tie 1 through 5 (excluding 3 of course). I also really really enjoy Resurrection.
Not really, no. Org is subtlety genius.
Quote:
Friday the 13th
- I through III (can't really pick just one of these). Really enjoyed Jason Takes Manhattan too.
Yep, 3.

Quote:
Jaws
- First one, although I would put the second right after it if not tied with it. I prefer to pretend the rest of the sequels don't exist.
You are totally insane
Quote:
Alien
- Aliens (I confess I haven't seen 3 or the rest of the sequels... if I have I don't remember them, I think I saw AVP once but idk... but Aliens was so hella good I can't imagine any of the sequels being better.)
Yep, they're both great. Alien is a slow feast of elegant subtlety. Alien 3 is interesting, but not very good. Alien Resurrection you would love. It's pretty cool.
Quote:
Psycho
- It's been a while since I've watched the sequels, but I do remember none of them wowed me like the first. So I'm going with the original on this one.
Yep, Psycho wowed. Two was a bit of a dark parody. Apples/crackers.

Quote:
Hannibal Lecter series
- Probably cliche but... SotL. I loved the book Red Dragon, but have yet to actually see any of the movies for it or the prequel, Hannibal Rising (read the book for that one too, did not enjoy as much as Red Dragon but it was still a good read). And Hannibal deserves a worthy mention. I did not hate it as much as most seem too. I actually enjoyed it a lot if not more than SotL.
Me too, love Red Dragon! SOTL was rich.
Quote:
Children of the Corn
- Saw the first one I believe... I hated it so I have no intention of watching the sequels.
LOL! COTC was wrenched, but my sister and I had years of fun mocking it.
Quote:
Series to add (what I've seen of them):
- Paranormal Activity (none)
- Nightmare on Elm Street (first and a few sequels)
- Final Destination (none)
- Poltergeist (first)
- Exorcist (first)
- Evil Dead (first)
- Predator (first?)
- Phantasm (none, idk what this even is)
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (first)
- Saw??
- Re-animator (THERE ARE SEQUELS?!)
- Gremlins (first)
- Critters (none)
- Amityville Horror (first and a horrible sequel)
- The Omen (first two)
- Gingersnaps (I've seen a few but I don't think I've seen all)
Evil Dead II - must see. You have no idea...

Speaking of Re-animater... From Beyond is kinda a sequel, same team, totally different story. I think it's your type of movie.

Last edited by Sculpt; 08-21-2016 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:24 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
Off-topic but nice to see Brainscan get some love. Always liked that movie a lot.
Hells' yeah
Old 08-22-2016, 03:29 PM
Evil Dead

Shame it wasn't more successful back then. Wonder if it was supposed to kickstart a series but it just never came to be?
Old 08-23-2016, 02:23 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Can I micro-comment my petty opinions on your picks? Cool!

Not really, no. Org is subtlety genius.

Yep, 3.

You are totally insane

Yep, they're both great. Alien is a slow feast of elegant subtlety. Alien 3 is interesting, but not very good. Alien Resurrection you would love. It's pretty cool.

Yep, Psycho wowed. Two was a bit of a dark parody. Apples/crackers.

LOL! COTC was wrenched, but my sister and I had years of fun mocking it.

Evil Dead II - must see. You have no idea...

Speaking of Re-animater... From Beyond is kinda a sequel, same team, totally different story. I think it's your type of movie.
Guess I've no choice.

I've really only seen most of the Halloween films once, and just remember enjoying the story line that went on from the first movie. I need to revisit these though as it was years ago...

I love Jason so much, there's not really a movie with him actually in it I don't enjoy.

My sanity has to do with nothing. Jaws 2 was awesome.

I want to watch the rest of the sequels to validate my opinion, but I have not heard good things about them so I am hesitant...

I remember enjoying Psycho 2, and I think I did 3 as well, but I hardly remember them... So there's really no contest for the best.

Hmm maybe I should revisit some COTC for review purposes... I'm not beyond watching a terrible movie for a few laughs.

That's why Evil Dead series is on my list, I really loved the first one, like ridiculously so.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for your input, Sculpt!

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 08-25-2016, 04:26 PM
Evil Dead

You so got to see Evil Dead II. A much crazier version of the original.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:26 PM
Evil Dead

Seeing The Rings trailer last night when I went to see Don't Breathe reminded me how I've yet to see a single Ringu/Ring film.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainscan View Post
nightmare on elm street 5: dream warriors

That one was actually the third, Dream Child was the fifth one.