Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-14-2015, 07:53 AM
GeorgiaMagpie

Splinter

Just saw this movie last night and really enjoyed it - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1031280/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Has anyone else seen it, loved how simple it was and the acting was good and the creature was gross so I can recommend it! Georgia xx
Old 08-14-2015, 08:27 AM
Horror > Everything

I saw it a few years ago. I liked the creature but I wasn't crazy about the film. It just seemed to stay in low gear and failed to build tension. I have seen a lot of favorable reviews for this title, so I suspect I'm in the minority on this one.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:27 AM
Evil Sweat

Watched it a while ago and thought it was a decent creature flick.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:31 AM
Evil Dead

Hello Georgia. :) Ty for the post, it looks decent. I often like films that take primarily in one place, where people are trapped.

Wanted to mention we have a specific forum/section thread for recent films, as well as 80's/90's and one for before 1980. If its alright :), please post the appropriate films in those threads/forum section.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:48 AM
Evil Dead

Yeah otherwise CHAOS would erupt!!!
And thanks fer keepin' yer posts decent too...that's a big deal 'round here...
Old 08-14-2015, 02:22 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

I have yet to see it, but I believe I've heard of it. Always up for a monster flick so I'd give it a try.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 06-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Little Boo

Thumbs up

I love this movie! It's an undiscovered gem, IMHO. Body horror with characters you care about and the monster was well-balanced against the protagonist. I did a video analysis of what I liked about this movie here, specifically touching on the great characters and their realistic response to the horror threat. My review also gives bonus points for this movie having a female-led relationship.

Splinter: An Undiscovered Gem!--video analysis

My review is spoiler-free, so I never got into it in my video, but did anyone else think the monster should have been WAY more interested in that soft pretzel machine?

Watching The Hallow (The Woods 2015) recently reminded me of a worse version of Splinter--if you've only got time for one, watch this instead. What did other people think?

Last edited by MightyKat; 06-04-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Penthouse Pauper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyKat View Post
I love this movie! It's an undiscovered gem, IMHO. Body horror with characters you care about and the monster was well-balanced against the protagonist. I did a video analysis of what I liked about this movie here, specifically touching on the great characters and their realistic response to the horror threat. My review also gives bonus points for this movie having a female-led relationship.

Splinter--A Hidden Gem!--video analysis

My review is spoiler-free, so I never got into it in my video, but did anyone else think the monster should have been WAY more interested in that soft pretzel machine?

Watching The Hallow (The Woods 2015) recently reminded me of a worse version of Splinter--if you've only got time for one, watch this instead. What did other people think?

I've yet to see Splinter, but I got a kick out of your channel! Subbing.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
I've yet to see Splinter, but I got a kick out of your channel! Subbing.
Hey, thanks for subscribing, SerialKiller! ^_^

I hope my critique inspired you to check out Splinter, especially if you're interested in more character-driven horror.