Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-25-2008, 10:26 AM
For Vendetta

Pirates of the Caribbean 4

September 24, 2008

Johnny Depp is the main man at the Mouse House.

Depp has agreed to reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in a fourth "Pirates of the Caribbean" pic and play Tonto in a bigscreen adaptation of "The Lone Ranger," both produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.

He will also star as the Mad Hatter in Tim Burton’s version of "Alice in Wonderland."

The roles come after Depp helped Disney earn a combined $2.6 billion at the box office with the three pics in the "Pirates" franchise, also produced by Bruckheimer.

"Alice in Wonderland," skedded for 2010, will be shot using 3-D and performance capture technology similar to that used for "Beowulf."

Depp’s casting deals closed a full day Wednesday at the Kodak Theater, where Walt Disney Studios chairman Dick Cook touted the Mouse’s upcoming slate of pics during a showcase event for exhibitors, media and other industry insiders.

Toons provided the company’s other big news.

Disney-Pixar’s "Cars" has proved such a major moneymaker for the Mouse House that Disney is moving the release of the sequel up a year to summer 2011.

In addition to shifting the date for "Cars 2," studio also announced that it will produce a series of animated short films starring Mater and other characters from the first feature.

Shorts will air on TV, including the Disney Channel, and in theaters in front of films.

The Walt Disney Studios Showcase has essentially turned into a splashy, ShoWest-like event in Hollywood for the company to parade out stars and screen extended clips for a couple thousand attendees in various sectors of the biz to promote its future projects.

Last time it held the showcase was in 2005, also at the Kodak.

In addition to Depp, who took the stage dressed as Jack Sparrow while wearing the Lone Ranger mask, this year’s event also featured the cast of "High School Musical" plus Dwayne Johnson, Miley Cyrus, John Travolta and Robin Williams. Adam Sandler appeared in a pretaped sequence with the studio chairman. And Cook even had a conversation with the four-legged star of "Beverly Hills Chihuahua."

Bruckheimer and Nicolas Cage announced a third 'National Treasure.' Although talkshow queen Oprah Winfrey wasn’t present, it was announced that she will voice the mother of the princess in hand-drawn toon "The Princess and the Frog," set in New Orleans.

Cook called the upcoming pics for the rest of this year and 2009 "the most creative slate of films in Disney history" and showed sequences from "High School Musical 3: Senior Year," "Bedtime Stories," "Race to Witch Mountain," "Hannah Montana: The Movie," "Old Dogs," "The Princess and the Frog," Robert Zemeckis’ "A Christmas Carol" and Pixar’s next pic, "Up."
Old 09-25-2008, 10:29 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I was beyond disappointed with the 3rd one...but I'd be willing to give it a watch, if not just for Capt. Jack.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:21 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Lame

I'm not falling for the banana in the tailpipe

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 09-25-2008, 02:26 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
Lame

I'm not falling for the banana in the tailpipe

*Stereotypical white person voice*
You're not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe?
Old 09-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Banned

I'll admit...the third wasn't the best ....but it was very watchable....I'll give # 4 a watch.

Depp hasn't let me down yet.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Waste Disposer

Dammit

Now what am I going to have to pay for the combined DVD?:mad:
I mean the trilogy is $60! Jeez
Old 09-26-2008, 05:19 AM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
Sounds great! I liked the pirates movies and am looking forward to the next installment. I'm also a big Tim Burton fan,and looking foward to his adaptaion of Alice in Wonderland.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:23 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Porcupiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakru View Post
Dammit

Now what am I going to have to pay for the combined DVD?:mad:
I mean the trilogy is $60! Jeez
http://www.netflix.com/

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd.html

Screw Disney.:)
Old 07-31-2009, 07:33 PM
For Vendetta

Disney is on the verge of putting Rob Marshall in as director of a fourth installment of “Pirates of the Caribbean,” a move that puts the film on track for a 2010 production start, with Johnny Depp back as Captain Jack Sparrow.

There hasn’t been a director at the helm of the pirate ship since April, when Gore Verbinski stepped out to focus on a movie version of the vidgame “Bioshock” for Universal.
Though that film’s lost some momentum, Verbinski has moved on to other directing and producing projects.

Marshall_flemnew Producer Jerry Bruckheimer and Disney have been meeting with a number of directors in recent weeks, because the studio wants to pull the “Pirates” film together and have Depp star in it before he does “The Lone Ranger” for the producer and the studio.
While Marshall’s involvement wasn’t immediately confirmed, sources said things look good enough that the studio has begun casting new characters that will appear in the picture.

It is big business for Disney, as the “Pirates” trilogy grossed $2.6 billion worldwide with Verbinski at the helm.
Sources say unless things break down at the last moment, Marshall will be steering the pirate vehicle’s next installment.

Marshall, who made his feature directing debut with the Oscar-winning musical “Chicago,” most recently completed another musical, “Nine,” which stars Daniel Day-Lewis, Penelope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Judi Dench, Nicole Kidman, Kate Hudson and Sophia Loren.
The film will be released November 25 by The Weinstein Co.