Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-10-2008, 04:12 AM
Evil Dead

Okaaaaay...

So, I've made this discovery recently and examined the phenomena for a few days now...thought I'd share.

When I shower, I occasionally open my eyes under the running water, it's not an altogether comfortable feeling (I don't have it so the water is going directly INTO the eyeball), but it seems to wake me up some.
So I noticed that if I hold my eyes open under the flowing water for an ongoing time, the ability to breathe inwards through my mouth is completely taken.
Even if I hold my hand above my mouth so no water is going to go in, the breathing in, just cannot happen.

So, this could just be some weird thing with me, but if anyone up in here was willing to give it a try, I'd like to hear what results you had...

You could probably all use a good shower - off you go then.

Last edited by Phalanx; 04-10-2008 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
So, I've made this discovery recently and examined the phenomena for a few days now...thought I'd share.

When I shower, I occasionally open my eyes under the running water, it's not an altogether comfortable feeling (I don't have it so the water is going directly INTO the eyeball), but it seems to wake me up some.
So I noticed that if I hold my eyes open under the flowing water for an ongoing time, the ability to breathe inwards through my mouth is completely taken.
Even if I hold my hand above my mouth so no water is going to go in, the breathing in, just cannot happen.

So, this could just be some weird thing with me, but if anyone up in here was willing to give it a try, I'd like to hear what results you had...

You could probably all use a good shower - off you go then.
I know that I am the same. Could be your bodys way of making you stop ruining your eyeballs?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:59 AM
She's under the stairs

I'd like to see this as a horror movie death.

Jason holds the teenage girls eye open under a running tap untill she suffocates...

Uhhu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 04-10-2008, 06:11 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Could be your bodys way of making you stop ruining your eyeballs?
Not ruining, washing.
I imagine it's closer to some kind've anti-drown reflex, like your body thinks that if your eyes are submerged in water the rest of your head must be?
I dunno...
I wonder if with training, I could overcome this.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:32 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
Not ruining, washing.
I imagine it's closer to some kind've anti-drown reflex, like your body thinks that if your eyes are submerged in water the rest of your head must be?
I dunno...
I wonder if with training, I could overcome this.
i was thinking that at first, but I almost drown when I was younger and I remember my eyes being open and that I was gulping down water.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:42 AM
Evil Dead

I noticed that like two days ago actually. I didn't think anything of it until now though. lol

I'm the same way.