Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-16-2007, 06:04 PM
MomDaegmorgan

Looking for the name of a movie

I've spent the last year or so looking for the name of a movie my friends and I rented a number of years back. It was about a family who inherited some sort of Irish castle. After moving in strange things start to happen and eventually they find, I believe, that it is being haunted by a child who was killed there some years ago. The distinguishing scene though is when they are having dinner with the local Catholic priest...and a very poorly animated turkey jumps off the table and attacks the priest.

Does anyone know the name of this movie?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Evil Dead

LMAO! Sadly, I think I've seen this before. To name it, I cannot.

And despite what they tell you, it's not and never will be "The Gate".
Old 04-16-2007, 06:16 PM
MomDaegmorgan

Um...it's not The Gate.
The family, I believe, are originally living in America. It's a mom, dad, and young daughter. I'm pretty sure the parents start fighting a lot...I think one of them may become possesed by the spirit living in the house/castle/whatever.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:22 PM
MomDaegmorgan

I read a preview for "Darkness" and though it sounds very similiar, that's not it either. The daughter was younger...I wanna say around 8, but maybe even younger then that. And in "Darkness" it said it took place in the Spanish countryside...this was Ireland or England (pretty sure Ireland). Also, I think it was much older of a movie...like from the 80's.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistinas2007 View Post
Well, lets keep the douche bag HdC legend alive-Its The Gate:rolleyes:

Sorry you had to ask these smartasses the answer the question.:rolleyes:
Why must you interrupt every thread with your anti HDC bullshit? Do you know that, despite what you think, you're not funny, not witty, not clever, and not original? You're a fucking joke, go do some more coke you waste of space.

Any more about the movie? You sure it's an Irish castle? How'd the kid die? What was it rated? Was there a part where the parents bed floats out of the window so the parents wake up outside in the swamp?

Last edited by Despare; 04-16-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
MomDaegmorgan

I believe what had happened (this was like 3-4 years ago that I watched the movie) was the child was left in some small space and she died there. Maybe she had hid there though...I really can't remember for sure. I know that when the new family went looking they found an old doll in the place the child had died. I wanna say that they had to break down a cement wall in order to find it.
It may not have been a castle. I think the title was something like, "An Irish ____". I know the name they used for the castle/house was an odd name that isn't typically used. I've tried looking under chateau with no sucess, though that is the name I've found that seems most right.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:47 PM
MomDaegmorgan

I just thought of something else about the movie...
The doll that was found where the child had died was "visiting" the daughter of the new family in her room. I am pretty sure she played with it and even had conversations with it.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:05 PM
MomDaegmorgan

No...I wish it was that simple. I probably would have figured it out a long time ago.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Rip You to Shreds

It might be Dementia 13. But it cant be that old...........
Old 04-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey View Post
It might be Dementia 13. But it cant be that old...........
I was thinking that too but I don't remember a turkey scene in that one.