PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the name of a movie

MomDaegmorgan
04-16-2007, 06:04 PM
I've spent the last year or so looking for the name of a movie my friends and I rented a number of years back. It was about a family who inherited some sort of Irish castle. After moving in strange things start to happen and eventually they find, I believe, that it is being haunted by a child who was killed there some years ago. The distinguishing scene though is when they are having dinner with the local Catholic priest...and a very poorly animated turkey jumps off the table and attacks the priest.

Does anyone know the name of this movie?

VampiricClown
04-16-2007, 06:06 PM
LMAO! Sadly, I think I've seen this before. To name it, I cannot.

And despite what they tell you, it's not and never will be "The Gate".

MomDaegmorgan
04-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Um...it's not The Gate.
The family, I believe, are originally living in America. It's a mom, dad, and young daughter. I'm pretty sure the parents start fighting a lot...I think one of them may become possesed by the spirit living in the house/castle/whatever.

MomDaegmorgan
04-16-2007, 06:22 PM
I read a preview for "Darkness" and though it sounds very similiar, that's not it either. The daughter was younger...I wanna say around 8, but maybe even younger then that. And in "Darkness" it said it took place in the Spanish countryside...this was Ireland or England (pretty sure Ireland). Also, I think it was much older of a movie...like from the 80's.

Despare
04-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, lets keep the douche bag HdC legend alive-Its The Gate:rolleyes:

Sorry you had to ask these smartasses the answer the question.:rolleyes:

Why must you interrupt every thread with your anti HDC bullshit? Do you know that, despite what you think, you're not funny, not witty, not clever, and not original? You're a fucking joke, go do some more coke you waste of space.

Any more about the movie? You sure it's an Irish castle? How'd the kid die? What was it rated? Was there a part where the parents bed floats out of the window so the parents wake up outside in the swamp?

MomDaegmorgan
04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
I believe what had happened (this was like 3-4 years ago that I watched the movie) was the child was left in some small space and she died there. Maybe she had hid there though...I really can't remember for sure. I know that when the new family went looking they found an old doll in the place the child had died. I wanna say that they had to break down a cement wall in order to find it.
It may not have been a castle. I think the title was something like, "An Irish ____". I know the name they used for the castle/house was an odd name that isn't typically used. I've tried looking under chateau with no sucess, though that is the name I've found that seems most right.

MomDaegmorgan
04-16-2007, 08:47 PM
I just thought of something else about the movie...
The doll that was found where the child had died was "visiting" the daughter of the new family in her room. I am pretty sure she played with it and even had conversations with it.

MomDaegmorgan
04-16-2007, 09:05 PM
No...I wish it was that simple. I probably would have figured it out a long time ago.

Prey
04-16-2007, 09:53 PM
It might be Dementia 13. But it cant be that old...........

Despare
04-16-2007, 09:56 PM
It might be Dementia 13. But it cant be that old...........

I was thinking that too but I don't remember a turkey scene in that one.

Prey
04-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Neither do I. But who knows? The guy might be confused and mixing two movies as one.

Doc Faustus
04-17-2007, 06:45 AM
Dementia 13 isn't nearly coherent enough to get such a plot description from.

MomDaegmorgan
04-17-2007, 08:59 AM
I actually thought that it might be Dementia 13 for awhile. The description did seem to fit what I can recall of the movie. However the one I was looking at came out in the 1960's and I know this movie was not that old.

I did just happen upon another possiblity that sounds very much right (though I definately messed up some of the aspects of the movie is this is the correct one). Go to http://www.braineater.com/eternal.html and read about Spectre. The only problem I see is there doesn't appear to be any mention about the turkey attacking the priest (I just scanned the article though, so I could have missed it). You'd think a scene like that would have for sure been mentioned.

Prey
04-17-2007, 10:29 AM
I do think it is House of the Damned. It fits in with your description.

Take a look here at House of the Damned (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116573/).

crabapple
04-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Damn! I just looked that movie up, and it sounds like my cup of tea!

PR3SSUR3
04-17-2007, 10:37 AM
There are similar elements in Spectre/House of the Damned, though I do remember a re-animated chicken/turkey in another film the name of which escapes me.

newb
04-17-2007, 10:42 AM
There are similar elements in Spectre/House of the Damned, though I do remember a re-animated chicken/turkey in another film the name of which escapes me.

Didn't "Young Sherlock Holmes" have a re-animated turkey in it?

_____V_____
04-17-2007, 10:45 AM
I think Prey might be the closest one right here, because House of the Damned fits the scene quite well, and there is a cooked turkey scene in it too. But I googled the script of this movie and it says this about the scene

"The wife has difficulty in carving the cooked turkey and suddenly it spurts blood out onto everybody, and the lights go out and the Father is slammed against the wall."

No description of an animated turkey jumping up to attack there...

crabapple
04-17-2007, 10:46 AM
There was an animatronic turkey thing in "Young Sherlock Holmes"......the guy is hallucinating, and in his vision the turkey jumps off the plate and attacks him