Just in time for Halloween, Citysearch has released its list of the Top 10 Haunted Hotels in the United States. All hotels are currently open, and were chosen by the local editors and site visitors. The haunts are (listed in alphabetical order):
- 17 Hundred 90, Savannah, GA -- Specters abound at the oldest bed-and-breakfast in America's most haunted city.
- Congress Plaza Hotel, Chicago, IL -- FDR, Thomas Edison and Frank Lloyd Wright are rumored to make appearances here.
- Hotel San Carlos, Phoenix, AZ -- A woman who leapt to her death from this downtown hotel now drifts among its halls.
- Lemp Mansion, St. Louis, MO -- Mysterious deaths, suicides and the tragic ruin of one family leave their ghostly traces.
- McMenamins Edgefield, Troutdale, OR -- This historic estate's amenities include a golf course, brewery and mysterious floating objects.
- Myrtles Plantation, St. Francisville, LA -- The site of 10 murders and an Indian burial ground can make for a long night.
- Notchland Inn, Bartlett, NH -- A woman who tragically died during a storm still searches for her lover at this romantic B&B.
- Queen Mary Hotel, Long Beach, CA -- This famous cruise ship lost many souls in the Atlantic during crossings -- now they're back.
- Sir Francis Drake Hotel, San Francisco, CA --Suicides, murder and ghostly figures add to the mystique of this Bay Area legend.
- Stanley Hotel, Estes Park, CO -- The birthplace of horror classic, "The Shining" still hosts the spirits of the original owners.