Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-21-2004, 07:15 PM
bla

silliness

perhaps i have no right to question the way things are done on this sight. i very rarely post and i've only been a member for about a month. but it just seems that a lot of silliness goes on here. not that there's anything wrong with silliness, mind you. it's just that i come here to get peoples insights and new info on horror, yet 19 out of 20 threads involve topics about what you may have had for dinner or how much butthair you have, etc. i'm not opposed to this sort of banter, but doesn't it seem more fit for a chat room rather than wasting thread space? perhaps this sight needs a chat room. or perhaps there's another horror sight that's a little more focused that someone could turn me on to. let me know if you have any suggestions or if you just wanna say, "shut up, stupid newbie, if you don't like the board stop coming to it!"

by the way, i watched TCM original and remake on back to back nights this week. remake is okay but completely unnecessary in my oppinion. original is far more intense. just wanted to add something horror related to my post.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:20 PM
BMXICAN

Yeah there is a lot of silly threads here mostly in the general forum...

If you go to the horror movie forums that's where you will find most talk about horror movies....

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison
Old 07-21-2004, 07:24 PM
BMXICAN

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison
Old 07-21-2004, 07:26 PM
King of the Long Post

Send a message via AIM to Stingy Jack
Well, I think this site could benefit from a chat room. But there isn't one. If you look, though, you will be able to find plenty of information and insights on all things horror. Sometimes, we actually get into pretty heated discussions on topics such as what constitutes good horror, where should the horror industry should go and where is it going, and what can be done to improve the horror market (and who is actually doing something.)

Once you have been here awhile, though, you begin to become friends with most of the people who post regularly. And, like good friends, you just want to sit back sometimes and play around, talk about other things, see what else interests people here. I think it is good that we talk about a LOT of things, not just horror. There is only so much you can say about one topic, without repeating yourself over and over again.

If you are simply looking for insights or information, I would stick to the news and articles. Of course, you could always submit a thread that is horror related and provide some of your own thoughts. It would not be long before you got an interesting and worthwhile reply.
GOOD LORD DELIVER TO US!
Old Scotch Invocation
-- adapted by Stingy Jack

Stingy's Horror DVD Collection
Old 07-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Freddy Krueger. Send a message via Yahoo to Freddy Krueger.
Re: silliness

Quote:
Originally posted by g star
"shut up, stupid newbie, if you don't like the board stop coming to it!"
Old 07-21-2004, 07:31 PM
bla

well put stingy. i wasn't really trying to be a whiny little bitch, it's just that i'm new here and it seems that all the good horror discussions have already happenend. anyway, i appreciate the civil (so far) responses.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:32 PM
bla

ha ha. MD2 rules.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:46 PM
King of the Long Post

Send a message via AIM to Stingy Jack
I agree with your opinion about the TCM remake. I watched it, and it was fun for a little while. But I got bored with it pretty quick, and wondered why the hell it was made to begin with. If you're going to remake a classic like TCM, then you had better try your hardest to make it good (like the Dawn of the Dead remake was). As it is, it falls so far short of the original that it isn't even funny. The original was, as you said, "intense." It was a pure exercise in claustrophobic terror and insanity. The remake is just another slasher. And a lot of people thought that it was good in that it took the most grisly scene from the original (the meathook), and made it even grislier. But, I didn't like that too much. I don't like to get obscene with the things I appreciate. Take a dessert, for example. I like thin slice of chocolate cake, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. But a lot of people will take a HUGE fuckin' slab of chocolate cake, glop on the icing like it was spackle, pile on some chocolate sprinkles, scoop two big whoppin' scoops of fudge brownie ice cream in the bowl, and drench the whole thing in chocolate syrup before applying a mountain of whipped cream. I mean --- that's just obscene. You know? That's how I felt about the meathook scene in the remake.
GOOD LORD DELIVER TO US!
Old Scotch Invocation
-- adapted by Stingy Jack

Stingy's Horror DVD Collection
Old 07-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

Well their are a lot of silly threads. But oh hell why not. Go to horror movie discussion if you want to talk about horror. Occasionly there will be some talk of horror in the General Forum
Old 07-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Try doing a search for any topic that you might be interested in relating to horror...We have done EVERYTHING here...So, now we play around and wait for something new to happen in the world of horror...For more specific topics, try the other forums...If you wish to find something relevant in the General Forum (Which has basically BECOME our "chatroom" since we do NOT have one, although, it has been requested, repeatedly since November)...Try looking past the first 2-3 pages...The page numbers are at the bottom righthand corner of the last threads, in each forum

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be