Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Evil Dead

House of a 1000 snores

I cannot get why a house of a thousand corpses is so loved and thought of a modern classic. Rob zombie seems to want to make 'art house' horrors and for me they just don't work. I don't know if he thinks that putting loud,weird nonsense stuff in between telling a story makes his films somehow more shocking or creepy or he thinks that it makes him sort of innovative modern genius, but it doesn't. It may be different but it's still trash. If he didn't do it I would actually like some of his stuff, but he seems. To do it a lot of his films. Anyway, views and opinions please. Btw I do love tiny in that film as I love big hulking psychos and while he is not the maddest, he's surely the biggest!!
Old 04-27-2014, 01:37 PM
Evil is Better

I'm not really a fan of his films and although i didn't love House of 1000 Corpses i thought it was good. It was different and had a unique style (at the time at least, Zombie's kinda overdone his style by now)

I've always preferred The Devil's Rejects over it.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:12 PM
From The Beyond

Like Villain I'm not really a fan, I thought it was ok but preferred The Devil's Rejects.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:55 PM
Evil Dead

It's enjoyable but I agree that The Devil's Rejects is easily far better.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Though it has its faults and gets totally derailed, I still love this film.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:44 AM
Evil Dead

you see, i just don't 'get' the popularity of his films, it's the preposterous rubbish and pointless, needless, scenes that detract from the story that annoy me, guess i just like a straight up, no bull or pretention kind of movie
Old 05-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Hellraiser

It's not AMAZING but I like it. But nowadays when you've seen one Zombie film you've seen them all. Same methodology to his film making.
He wanted to make a "b-horror" film and I think he did pretty okay with that.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:58 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
you see, i just don't 'get' the popularity of his films, it's the preposterous rubbish and pointless, needless, scenes that detract from the story that annoy me, guess i just like a straight up, no bull or pretention kind of movie
THANK YOU!
He seems like a nice guy and I admire his enthusiasm, but I find his films to be really dull..overly sadistic, profane and just no point (and I certainly am no prude) to them. Not crazy about his music either.
However, there are those who really enjoy what he does so more power to him.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:48 AM
Sometimes dead is better

I completely disagree on this. Before I watched House of 1000 Corpses, I thought he was a terrible director because I had only seen his film Halloween (2007). After that film, I had a completely different perspective. I absolutely loved it, I thought it was a masterpiece. I feel the same with the Devil's Rejects. I thought the weird clips that he inserted were a nice addition. I also enjoyed The Lords of Salem, though I know many people hated it.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:51 AM
Evil Dead

I hate 1000 Corpses and Rejects.The characters are dreadfully awful with zero likeability.That Capt Spalding geezer is nothing but a joke and not a very good one at that.And why do they have to swear at every single minute of screen time.Horror is horror,it doesnt need fouled mouths cretins to make a film shocking.

I did like part of Halloween but the same things happen in that,far too much swearing for the sake of using the `f` bomb,why,is it to shock us.it doesn't work Zombie,cut it out.

Stick to your music Zombie,horror movies are out of your league.