Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Little Boo

Welcome to your new moderator.

I have sent WickerFan a private message with the password to the neverending account.

I'm turning it over to her. I wish her luck.

I've had it with the Drama Queens, those who think this place should be run like a prison, and those that think they can do it better than I have tried to do.

My moderating days are over.

Hallelujah, I'M FREE.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Misanthrope

So the first order of business will be to move this post to the new member section? :D

Sucks that it came to this but fair enough no one needs the thankless grief you've had to put up with moderating this place.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Midnight toker

Gutted...

Really don't blame you for this decision though... Im trying to resist the urge to reference Superman II. :eek:

Good luck with your new Mod 'job' Wicker, hope you can keep the whiney fucktards in check. :cool:
Old 03-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Evil Puppy

Coming on forms is supposed to be something you enjoy right? Makes sense then. Welcome aboard newbie. Just keep an eye out, there are some major assholes around here. ;)
Old 03-06-2012, 07:25 PM
That fucking Guy...

...and here I thought NE was an adult...
Old 03-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
...and here I thought NE was an adult...
He has transcended adulthood.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
I apologize for having been part of what you see as an oppressive old guard and expecting preferential treatment on account of my time spent here and the things I've done for the forum. Shit, guys. My attendance has been sporadic for awhile, but I had, as of late, considered dropping in more often. I'm not going to stand by and watch some of you witchburning a friend of mine who has given a lot to this forum over the years for trying to share a recent accomplishment. I've shared a lot of time and energy and things with HDC and I'm going to miss seeing this place as an option. I'm going to have to formally announce my departure. Maybe I'll be back someday, but not under this name and not anytime soon. Sorry to all my good friends here. Happy trails. I'm not hard to find if you should need me. You won't find me here, though. Faustus out.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
I apologize for having been part of what you see as an oppressive old guard and expecting preferential treatment on account of my time spent here and the things I've done for the forum. Shit, guys. My attendance has been sporadic for awhile, but I had, as of late, considered dropping in more often. I'm not going to stand by and watch some of you witchburning a friend of mine who has given a lot to this forum over the years for trying to share a recent accomplishment. I've shared a lot of time and energy and things with HDC and I'm going to miss seeing this place as an option. I'm going to have to formally announce my departure. Maybe I'll be back someday, but not under this name and not anytime soon. Sorry to all my good friends here. Happy trails. I'm not hard to find if you should need me. You won't find me here, though. Faustus out.
That sucks... I've been trying to hop on more because I've had a little more time on my hands. I must have missed the shit hitting the fan though.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:55 PM
mostly ghostly?

What a mess. And it just started to seem like things were on the up around here, with a few old members coming back.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:19 PM
That fucking Guy...

...and here I thought Doc Faustus was an adult...

You guys, you come onto a forum to discuss movies and other various topics.
It's blowing it up to be more than it is, that fucks it up for you.
Not everyone has the same opinions, there will be disagreements.
I don't see any witch burning, but maybe that's because I don't come here that often anymore, and when I do, it's to talk about movies, games, tv shows, comics, to give and to soak up some suggestions.
That's just what I do here.
I'd suggest everyone does just that, not takes things personally when inevitable conflict arises, and just move forward.
If it's that "serious" and stressful for you, I'd suggest spending more time following other pursuits.

***Having looked at what I believe to be the thread in question, I will say:
Congrats on contributing to something that got printed, both of you authors.
Double-standards apply in a lot of cases here, you can't expect to enforce "rules" OR call someone out on them when you yourself take part, or make exceptions of your own.
I see fault going both ways. I also believe this animosity towards each other is long standing and boring...one waits to call the other out, one brings up troublemaking etc...so on and so on and so on.
The fact this could fire up over a topic being put in the wrong area of the forum is stupid.
Though, I have seen people get VERY snippy about this issue with newer members.
This cannot be ignored. Having said that, bringing it up and pushing the issue in "public" somewhat takes away from the point you're trying to make, and turns it into spectacle.
It's foolish.
That's my bit.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 03-06-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Closed Thread