Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Little Boo

Is Dark House a remake of another unknown 90s movie?

I seen a movie with the EXACT (or a very very similar) plot in the mid 1990's.

The following is the question I posed to Yahoo answers (to which I got the response 'Dark House' which was suprisingly spot on)

"There's this horror film (or it could have been a made for tv movie) that I can't get outta my mind. I seen it in the mid 90's and the image that my mind recalls tells me that it was most likely made in the mid/early 90's.

These 4 or 5 strangers (some male, some female) are brought together (i forget why or how) in order to stay in a house. I think it's for an observational study? The house is not big or fancy. Just big enough to house these 5 strangers

The central character is a 20 something yr old girl who is depressed. She is shown opening a bathroom mirror and taking her pills. She reminds me of winona ryder in beetlejuice. *EDIT: She may have had Insomnia and was participating in an Insomnia study

Anyhow, at some point ppl start getting killed by the house. As if the house is alive. They are killed by various elaborate torture devices that the house employs. I remember a buzz saw that whipped across the bottom of a room and chopped someones feet off. It was in the living room and for some reason the living room was bathed in red light. This happened towards the end.
There might have even been an evil man who was controlling it all from a separate back room. A bunch of other elaborate torture tools are embedded in the house and used to kill off people."

Last edited by dharmabum; 11-30-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:50 AM
From The Beyond

I couldn't find anything but you're best bet would be to ask someone at IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1260567/