Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Love is like dying

jack ketchum

i am a big fan of jack ketchum, i would like to ask what u guys think of him.
my fave books of his is the girl next door (that book was so disturbing and sad)
and off spring,the book was badly cut when first released he has now released it how he would have wanted it.i dont think much to the movies they have made.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Evil is Better

I've read The Lost, Red, Off Season, Off Spring and The Girl Next Door. I thought they were all great. Red is probably my favorite and i really liked the movie version of that as i did Lost and The Girl Next Door. Offspring was good too but i didnt think it was that great of an adaptation. I still need to read Cover and The Woman. There's probably more i'm not thinking about either. I think he's awesome.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I've read The Lost, Red, Off Season, Off Spring and The Girl Next Door. I thought they were all great. Red is probably my favorite and i really liked the movie version of that as i did Lost and The Girl Next Door. Offspring was good too but i didnt think it was that great of an adaptation. I still need to read Cover and The Woman. There's probably more i'm not thinking about either. I think he's awesome.
i loved red,the woman is good too.not read cover yet.
i did not like the lost movie.
the only movie i liked of his was girl next door.
i brought weed species of his a while back cost alot of money for a small story, if u can call it a story.i dont know if i liked it or not, very strange book.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Little Boo

ive read hide and seek wich from what ive been told is very different to jack ketchum's other books. it takes a long while to pick up but once they're in the house its a thrill ride. ive also got cover, the lost, old flames and his collection of short stories Peaceable Kingdom to read.

ive watched the films the lost wich i loved, girl next door and red. all of his books seem to transfer well into film
Old 09-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Can't wait to see the film adaptation of The Woman. Him and Lucky McKee seem to work well together.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:05 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
Can't wait to see the film adaptation of The Woman. Him and Lucky McKee seem to work well together.
I've been curious to hear your thoughts, in particular in regards to Ketchum... I've only ever read the synopsis of his work, but haven't delved into it as it sounds like he's more into the exploitation genre (which is not really my cup of tea)...

Do you like Ketchum? Would you recommend him to someone (like me) who's more into the creepy and less into the exploitative?
Old 09-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
I thought Lucky did a great job with Red. That's my favorite book of Ketchum's and was really happy with the film.