Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-20-2011, 09:57 PM
For Vendetta

Shia LeBeouf comments on Megan Fox's firing from Transformers

In an article that concerned Megan Fox's firing from the Transformer film series, the Huffington Post sited a quote from Shia LaBeouf on the matter; one he apparently voiced in an LA Times article that read:

Quote:
Megan developed this Spice Girl strength, this woman-empowerment [stuff] that made her feel awkward about her involvement with Michael, who some people think is a very lascivious filmmaker, the way he films women," LaBeouf told the Los Angeles Times. "Mike films women in a way that appeals to a 16-year-old sexuality. It's summer. It's Michael's style. And I think [Fox] never got comfortable with it. This is a girl who was taken from complete obscurity and placed in a sex-driven role in front of the whole world and told she was the sexiest woman in America. And she had a hard time accepting it. When Mike would ask her to do specific things, there was no time for fluffy talk. We're on the run. And the one thing Mike lacks is tact. There's no time for [LaBeouf assumes a gentle voice] 'I would like you to just arch your back 70 degrees.'
Today, LeBoeuf is saying the real reason that Fox was fired from Transformers 3 is that Spielberg and Bay decided she was "shit talking" Bay, when she made a comment that he was as evil as Hitler, which Bay has also said and is doing the rounds. Retracting from the earlier much-controversy brimming quote? I think so.

Although this is the second time a celebrity has been in hot waters over "Nazi" remarks (remember Lars Von Trier's expulsion from Cannes?), you really need to wonder about LeBeouf's quote, specially the "This is a girl who was taken from complete obscurity and placed in a sex-driven role in front of the whole world and told she was the sexiest woman in America. And she had a hard time accepting it. When Mike would ask her to do specific things, there was no time for fluffy talk." part.

Yes...makes you wonder, doesn't it?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:36 AM
No, fuck YOU

I'm sure there's a lot of Hitlers in Hollywood.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:20 AM
Whip In My Valise

I think this "firing" is the best thing that could have happened to her. She's out of that toxic atmosphere and has more of an opportunity to grow as an actress. Michael Bay really needs to get over himself and Shia LeBeouf should be ashamed for being such a lickspittle.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Yeah, to be quite frank this is just an attempt to rally some more interest in the film. Whilst it's odd to promote a film by talking about the absence of someone, either way...people loved Megan Fox, therefore they will listen/read news about Megan Fox. If "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" is also imprinted in their minds...might help sales that little bit more. Special effects aren't cheap and Michael Bay feeds off of them.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:50 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

LOL@ all this HelloHollywood.com stuff..
Old 06-22-2011, 07:06 AM
Evil is Better

I didnt like Megan Fox coming out and blasting Michael Bay. I'm sure he was hard to work with but she was a nobody and he made her a star which if you've seen her act is a remarkable thing, since shes terrible. To me she just came off unappreciative. She should've shown more respect.

On the same hand, Shia LaBeouf is just being a kiss ass and trying to protect his career. Without the Transformers movies, he probably wouldnt be doing anything either even though he's not that bad of an actor and he was acting before those movies.

I also agree with ferret. It's obviously just a way to attract audiences to the movie which seems stupid since people are gonna go see that movie regardless.

Either way, everyone should just shut up and go back to their jobs making movies about giant robot aliens from the moon.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 AM
For Vendetta

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...iend_with_him/

Quote:
And it’s not just girls, but LaBeouf has been very candid when the movies he’s been in haven’t lived up to his lofty expectations, trashing ‘Revenge of the Fallen,’ ‘Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’ and even “Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps,” telling the magazine that the Oliver Stone film was too soft. “He’s trying to play nice. But for a movie like ‘Wall Street’ that had so much bite the first time around to come out without fangs and preach a message of hope wasn’t what people were looking for.”

But while the young LaBeouf is probably still finding out how to carry himself in Hollywood, Harrison Ford reveals he tried to set the actor right after his ‘Crystal Skull’ comments. “I think I told him he was a fucking idiot,” Ford says. “As an actor, I think it’s my obligation to support the film without making a complete ass of myself. Shia is ambitious, attentive, and talented—and he’s learning how to deal with a situation which is very unique and difficult.”

For an actor who is looking to break out of tentpole land, a little humility will go a long, long way but he hasn’t found it yet. LaBeouf claims that though movies like “The Bourne Legacy,” “Rise of the Planet of the Apes,” “127 Hours” and “The Social Network” came his way, they didn’t meet the high standard of quality he aspires to. “I’m looking for Warren Beatty—type game changers,” says the “Eagle Eye” and “Disturbia” actor.

You can see LaBeouf’s Beatty-like performance in the game-changing “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” when it opens tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:45 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
“I’m looking for Warren Beatty—type game changers,” says the “Eagle Eye” and “Disturbia” actor.
I love the entirety of what's quoted there.