Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-06-2009, 05:52 AM
For Vendetta

Zombieland 2

With the movie grabbing the number one spot (and $25m) at the US box office at the weekend, it was inevitable that talk of a Zombieland sequel would begin.

Screenwriter Paul Wernick certainly thinks an undead re-tread would be a good idea, telling MTV (before the movie came out): "We would love it, and everyone involved creatively wants to do another one."

"Woody [Harrelson] came up to us after the final cut of the last scene and gave us a hug and said, 'I've never wanted to do a sequel in the previous movies I've done until this one.'"

The writer - who also penned a spec script for Venom with fellow Zombieland scribe Rhett Reese - said they have plenty of ideas for a sequel. "We've got a long brainstorming document that still to this day gets updated on a near-weekly basis with ideas. We've got tons of new ideas swimming in our head."

"We would love to do several sequels," Wernick went on. "We would love to also see it on television. It would make a wonderful TV series."
Old 10-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Murders and Executions

Send a message via AIM to MyraHindley
Usually I'm blindly opposed to sequels, but I could totally watch another 2 hours of Woody Harrelson's ass kicking.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:56 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Great news - this one really left me wanting more.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Director of the Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorchic Send a message via Yahoo to horrorchic
It would be worth it.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:41 AM
For Vendetta

Sony is in the process of inking deals to bring back the "Zombieland" team for a second installment, but this time the bloody comedy is poised to unspool in 3D.

In recent years, studios have given dozens of animated pics as well as tentpoles and horror films the 3D treatment, from "Avatar" to "My Bloody Valentine 3D" to "Monsters vs. Aliens." But until now, low- and medium-budget comedies have been off limits.

Now, as studios look to maximize profits, it's no surprise that Sony is betting on a technique with a proven track record. Recent films like Sony's "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" and Paramount's "Beowulf" received a significant boost from 3D engagements.

"Everyone had fun watching (the first) 'Zombieland'; making it a more visceral experience can only make it better," said the film's producer Gavin Polone. "I don't think you want to see 'Ordinary People' in 3-D. But 'Zombieland' is clearly one movie that will benefit from (the technique)."

Furthermore, most people watch movies on their TVs. Polone noted that the first 3D TVs are set to hit the market in the spring, which will make 3D films even more desirable.

Sony has closed deals with Polone and helmer Ruben Fleischer to return for a sequel to the original, which cost $24 million and has earned $85.2 million worldwide to date ("Zombieland" has only opened in a few territories overseas). The Culver City studio is currently in talks with stars Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg to reprise their roles as a pair of post-apocalyptic survivors.

Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are working on the sequel's screenplay.