Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Evil Dead

Shutter (2004)

I've been wanting to see this for a long time but no video stores had it so I had to order it off ebay. I was in shock at how creepy this movie was. I have never been so terrorfied watching a movie until this. I have been on a movie marathon trying to find a movie that actually gets under my skin and this was the first one to do so. I almost gave up hope after seeing foreign films such as Ringu, Ju-On, Kairo, Dark Water, Spiral, etc. Shutter finally met my needs and I cannot recommend this movie enough.

This is one of the first movie that didn't need to use cheap scares to succeed. Not to mention the majority of the scares were completely original. It wasn't only the scares that made this a fantastic movie. The acting was outstanding and the ending was brilliant, especially thinking back at all the clues that were placed in which I would be amazed if anyone caught on. What were your thoughts on this movie?

Last edited by Shady; 04-23-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Evil Dead

I think I watched this flick at a friends house.

If it's the one with a photographer moving to asia, then yes - it was a great flick. Creey in a different way than most other new movies.

The ending really terrified me. Such a creepy thought
Old 04-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Evil Dead

Are you talking about the original version that was from Thailand (I think) or the American re-make?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonique View Post
Are you talking about the original version that was from Thailand (I think) or the American re-make?
I'm talking about the original. I don't see any reason to see the American remake because there is nothing they could do to improve this movie, especially with it being an American remake.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:25 AM
Evil Dead

I think I must likely caught the American remake then.

The protagonist and his wife were caucasian. Probably not typical for an Asian flick.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Evil Dead

Yes You saw the remake. I did find that with this movie the two versions are quite similar. The Americans copied nearly scene for scene. That being said I agree with Shady in that there is no real need to see the remake as the original has it all. But if the remake is all you have - your aren't missing a lot ( SPOILER - although the rape scene was more graphic in the Asian version - end Spoiler)
Old 04-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Evil Dead

SPOILER AHEAD!

Did it end the same way, with the girl being on his shoulders?
Old 04-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Evil Dead

Oh yes - the ending was the same. A few subtle differences in the hospital scene at the end as well as a different form of suicide attempt that put him there in the first place. I still think it is worth a watch even if you have seen the remake.