Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Feast 3

So Feast was spectacular, the sequel was weak, and the 3rd chapter was actually a good watch. It's definitely ridiculous, but it has some of the funniest horror splatter moments ever. Give it a watch if you've been a fan of the movies so far. I'll give it a 7/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 04-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Misanthrope

I still haven't checked out the sequel yet. Thought the first was ok but it had a few really dumb moments.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
So Feast was spectacular, the sequel was weak, and the 3rd chapter was actually a good watch. It's definitely ridiculous, but it has some of the funniest horror splatter moments ever. Give it a watch if you've been a fan of the movies so far. I'll give it a 7/10.
I have also seen this dreadful edition of the series and I'd give only 3.5/10 (that's too much I guess)!:mad:
Old 04-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I still haven't checked out the sequel yet. Thought the first was ok but it had a few really dumb moments.
Yeah, but it was made to be retarded in a fun way. And I think it succeeded.

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 04-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Banned

Great line in that one

"You don't need arms to kick ass"
Old 04-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Great line in that one

"You don't need arms to kick ass"
Don't forget the ending.

"We must PROCREATE!"

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 04-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Evil Dead

I absolutely despised the 3rd one. A lot of people hated the 2nd one, but I thought that one was at least funny with the baby scene, the autopsy and the midgets and whatnot. Basically, it just felt like they were going Troma-style, which was fine with me.

The 3rd one bored me to fucking tears with the constant sewer trudging and killing off characters that weren't interesting in the first place. And holy shit the strobe-light "rave" scene just pissed me off. So long, so boring, and so unnecessarily aggravating on the eyes.

Don't even get me started on the ending, either. After the first and 2nd movie....I expected SOME kind of small resolution to conclude it all.

-D
Old 04-26-2009, 06:14 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by UngodlyWarlock View Post
I absolutely despised the 3rd one. A lot of people hated the 2nd one, but I thought that one was at least funny with the baby scene, the autopsy and the midgets and whatnot. Basically, it just felt like they were going Troma-style, which was fine with me.

The 3rd one bored me to fucking tears with the constant sewer trudging and killing off characters that weren't interesting in the first place. And holy shit the strobe-light "rave" scene just pissed me off. So long, so boring, and so unnecessarily aggravating on the eyes.

Don't even get me started on the ending, either. After the first and 2nd movie....I expected SOME kind of small resolution to conclude it all.

-D
Honestly, I'm part of the faction that was not a fan of the second movie. I thought that the first one was brilliant, clever, and made good use of a small budget. With the second one, I thought it was needlessly vulgar (to replace gore) and didn't find those scenes (the autopsy scene for example) to be particularly funny. I liked the Biker Babes, but I also thought that the characters weren't as well-done as the previous film (then again, you really can't top Henry Rollins in pink sweats) and I felt as though everyone was trying TOO HARD to be over-the-top (have to agree on the baby scene, though - BRILLIANT)

That being said, I had LOW expectations for the third movie, so I was pleasantly surprised that it diverged from the disgusting and back into the horror (while the trudging through the sewer was silly, it at least opened up the opportunity to go from siege film to flight film). I found myself enjoying it a bit more... And then the ending...

I honestly felt as though I just got the finger from the director and everyone involved. BIG OL' F THE VIEWER

My boyfriend was a little kinder about it; "They obviously ran out of budget." But I don't buy it. The way that it was tacked on to straining film seriously felt as though I was getting F'd by everyone involved. Seriously - It's like they just gave the viewer the finger. I wasn't happy about it.

Though I have to say - I think part of my problem with this film and the second film is that I was hoping that either one of these movies would

a) Delve into the whole "military experiment" thing that was pitched in the ads

and/or

b) Follow the story of Tuffy, Bozo, and Hot Wheels after they fled the bar in the first film.

It was really "B" that I was after - Those were the characters that I actually cared about and in the second movie we're introduced to a slew of them who, when slaughtered, I couldn't care less. It was a disappointment.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Follow the story of Tuffy, Bozo, and Hot Wheels after they fled the bar in the first film.
That's what I wanted too...especially after they even recapped them driving off in the 2nd movie. I guess I had low expectations about the 3rd, but I expected them to come back into it a little bit.

The 2nd movie was bad...no argument from me there. But once I saw it went Troma style, I was like "Alright, I get where you are taking it now...*pass beer please*, and I was fine with it. I still think the baby scene was one of the most jaw-dropping scenes in any B-movie ever, so it gets props for that.

Again, I just really thought the 3rd was boring...that's all it boils down to. I suppose some parts were "better" than the 2nd, but it just pissed me off. As you said, the ending was like a big finger to the audience...but really the last 2 movies were, haha. It's just up to you which parts you are going to get pissed about.

Shame, too...first one was badass.

-D