Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Leprucky Cougar
Talking Any (NFL) Football Fans Excited about Sunday?

For any those who do not know: The NFL Playoffs are over. The final game of competition between the conferences (besides the Pro Bowl) is set. This Sunday is Superbowl Sunday. The AFC Champions *cough* are once again the Pittsburgh Steelers. The NFC Champions (though many didn't expect it, they've earned it) are they Arizona Cardinals. The two will collide Sunday to compete for the Superbowl victory of course, as well as the Lombardi Trophy.

I haven't been on NFL Network in awhile but I assume the Steelers are the favorites to win. As much as it pains me to say, I think there will be yet another victory for those with the terrible towels. It also doesn't help to be praising them--especially two weeks ago when they eliminated one of my favorite teams-The Baltimore Ravens-who were a game away from their history and what was to believed destiny in Tampa.

Regardless, I'm almost over it--and will be watching the big game later. And Since the Steelers and Ravens are in the same conference: AFC North, For One Night Only, I'll be cheering on the Yellow and Black. Bleh. :mad:

Any NFL Football fans on HDC?: What are your plans? The Party Food? The Game? Who are you watching it with? Who's your pick? What teams did you expect to get in? Overall thoughts of the playoffs? Your views on the Pro-Browl Selections? I wanna know everything. Tell Me.

Don't run away from me;
I'm Sorry if I was a little too brash.
Now hand over me Shilling;
Or I'll kill your Ass ! :D
Old 01-30-2009, 12:44 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Vikings are out so I wouldn't say I'm excited about it, but I'll be watching it while not really caring who wins.

On second thought, Larry Fitzgerald is a Minnesota boy so I suppose that gives me slight reason to root for Arizona over Pittsburgh.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Now she has us.

Saw on the Uk news this morning, some crazy guy sold his his flat in the Docklands, London and spent £40k travelling across America to see all the footbal matches. Even left his girlfriend behind for 14 weeks. Thats an obsession. He's trying to get tickets for this match but is having trouble.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 01-30-2009, 04:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankS View Post
Saw on the Uk news this morning, some crazy guy sold his his flat in the Docklands, London and spent £40k travelling across America to see all the footbal matches. Even left his girlfriend behind for 14 weeks. Thats an obsession. He's trying to get tickets for this match but is having trouble.
Well hello stranger :eek:

Where's The Patriots.......I don't see The Patriots....hell.....I watch it for the commercials.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:23 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Well hello stranger :eek:

Where's The Patriots.......I don't see The Patriots....hell.....I watch it for the commercials.
Didn't you hear the news? Brady went down fo the season in week 1 and that was all she wrote for the Patriots.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:19 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Super Bowl is always lame and seems to have less and less to do with football each year and more about marketing.

The NFC & AFC Championship games are the best/biggest games of the year.

I'm already looking to next season HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 01-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to La Chat Noire
It's been kind of cool to live in a city with a winning team. And I've been blown away by the dedication and commitment of the Steelers fans. Everyone wears their jerseys all the time, including at work and a lot of the banks and other businesses out here have had Steelers cakes and cookies for their clients. New York wasn't nearly as spirited for the Giants last year. Even though I'm not a huge sports person it's been good to see people having something to be excited about and proud of.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:53 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I'm more of a rugby guy.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 02-01-2009, 06:32 PM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
Super Bowl is always lame

Going to have to utterly disagree with you there. Game turned out great.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTIN316426808 View Post
Going to have to utterly disagree with you there. Game turned out great.
ditto that