Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-14-2004, 11:02 AM
Banned

WB Cancels Angel

The WB announced today that Angel won't be back for a sixth season. The news comes on the heels of the network airing the 100th episode of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin-off starring David Boreanaz. The WB issued a statement early in order to give the show's creators time to wrap up the season appropriately.

"For the last seven years 'Angel' and 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' have been cornerstones of our network. The sum total of the work done on those shows has produced some of the proudest moments in our history," said the network.

"Like some of the great series that are leaving the air this year, including 'Frasier' and 'Friends,' the cast, crew, writers and producers of 'Angel' deserve to be able to wrap up the series in a way befitting a classic television series and that is why we went to Joss to let him know that this would be the last year of the series on The WB."

The cancellation might not be the end of Angel altogether though. "We have discussed continuing the 'Angel' legacy with special movie events next year, which is still on the table," said The WB. "In a perfect world, all of these details would be completed before this information went to the press so that we could be definitive about the show's ongoing future. But in any case, we did not want to contemplate this being the last year of 'Angel' without giving the show the option of crafting their own destiny for this character and for this series."

The network also praised Boreanaz, cast and crew. "David Boreanaz continues to be one of the finest, classiest and friendliest actors we have had the pleasure to work with and we hope that the relationship furthers from here. The same can be said for all the actors and producers on the show."

There are still nine episodes left in this, now last, season of Angel.

Source: Warner Bros.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:44 PM
willows mommy

thanx for the article sam i read this on a spoiler site i go on. i am a little shocked about it . i hope like buffy it goes out w/ a bang. i will miss it though but i think its not done yet it still has storiess taht need to b done.

so thanx for posting the full article

i have went to the wb site and alot of ppl in that forum r against it. its only 5th season and they have so many possibilities for the show like w/ new batches of slayers thanx to willows spell at the end of buffys finale and reformation of the watchers council and the whole wolfram and heart thing theres many possibilities . if any thing should of been canceld it should have been charmed i tryed to re watch it this seaseon but charmed just got a tad stupid when pru was killed off i mean rose mcgowan did good the next season but then it went down hill. i think if anything should of got cancelled it should of been charmed not angel.

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Human passions have mysterious ways, in children as well as grown-ups. Those affected by them can't explain them, and those who haven't known them have no understanding of them at all. -neverending story (the book)

Last edited by bloodygurl02; 02-14-2004 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:59 PM
willows mommy

Quote:
Originally posted by bloodygurl02
thanx for the article sam i read this on a spoiler site i go on. i am a little shocked about it . i hope like buffy it goes out w/ a bang. i will miss it though but i think its not done yet it still has storiess taht need to b done.

so thanx for posting the full article

i have went to the wb site and alot of ppl in that forum r against it. its only 5th season and they have so many possibilities for the show like w/ new batches of slayers thanx to willows spell at the end of buffys finale and reformation of the watchers council and the whole wolfram and heart thing theres many possibilities . if any thing should of been canceld it should have been charmed i tryed to re watch it this seaseon but charmed just got a tad stupid when pru was killed off i mean rose mcgowan did good the next season but then it went down hill. i think if anything should of got cancelled it should of been charmed not angel.
i know i quoted myself i wanted to hit edit and i hit quote by mistake

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Human passions have mysterious ways, in children as well as grown-ups. Those affected by them can't explain them, and those who haven't known them have no understanding of them at all. -neverending story (the book)
Old 02-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Banned

I haven't watched the show much, only the first season, but I hear that there's way too much to wrap up in 9 episodes
Old 02-14-2004, 09:35 PM
willows mommy

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
I haven't watched the show much, only the first season, but I hear that there's way too much to wrap up in 9 episodes
theres is definitley alot to wrap up in 9 episodes.i think it should b one more season though for it so they have more time to explain things and wrap the show up.

thanx again for the full story on it sam

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Old 02-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Banned

Bright side: I'll catch up on the DVD's faster
Old 02-14-2004, 10:25 PM
willows mommy

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
Bright side: I'll catch up on the DVD's faster
yeah u can now buy up to season 3 of angel on dvd. or u can catch up by watching it on tnt but it doesn't go in order just show random episodes i know other stations also do angel repeats but i forget waht station

WICKED LADYS BUDDY

Old 02-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Banned

I still need to buy season 2
Old 02-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Dead as a Dodo

I lost interest after they killed off Doyle.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:04 PM
willows mommy

Quote:
Originally posted by sleepaway
I lost interest after they killed off Doyle.
it sux that the actor that played him died last year or they could have brought him back. he used to b on roseanne to

WICKED LADYS BUDDY