Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-15-2008, 05:08 AM
Evil Dead

Sonic Unleashed - Anyone play?

Just thinking about picking this one up.
The videos have me thinking it's a lot closer to the "old" sonic, blended with 3d, which is probably what they should've gone for in the first place...
So, anyone here actually have a hands-on perspective?

- B.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:16 AM
Evil Dead

The little brother grabbed the demo, he seemed marginally entertained but not really interested enough to want to own the full thing. Sadly, Gamespot was not so kind in their hands on review.

Its sort of a funny thing about these games that keep trying to replicate the joy of the originals and even if they are skillfully developed good games they generally fall on their ass, because you can't capture that first feeling and get it back. What we really want is the same feeling we had when we played Sonic the first time, and sadly like many similar things we lost that chance the moment we actually played Sonic.

I have fond memories of the blue lightning bolt, but I'd be seriously hesitant in parting with any sort of serious dollars for a new Sonic game.