Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-29-2008, 07:34 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Nutrition Help...

Ok, so I've been trying to get in better shape lately. I'm not in TOO bad shape to begin with, but I've got a decent sized gut and some pretty filthy man-boobs.

I've been hitting the gym a lot lately - part of the reason I haven't been around here as much - but I really dont know where to start when it comes to eating healthy. I'm always on the go and very rarely have time to sit down and eat/prepare a proper meal - more often than not, supper consists of a bag of chips + an energy drink.

So, do you guys have any tips for eating healthy on the run? I've been drinking a ton of vitamin water and I try to keep almonds around - any other suggestions?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Evil Dead

Do like I'm doing. Cut what you're eating in half and do 900 crunches a day, plus 200 push ups, with about 100 leg lifts thrown in.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Evil Puppy

Whole grains are good (no enriched flour or high fructose corn syrup), lots of protien, 5 or 6 "small meals" a day (things like tuna fish, and chicken breast are great as long as they're not drowned in mayo or fried)...
Old 07-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
You could always cut up a bunch of veggies and just keep them in the fridge, then when you need a healthy snack to go you can grab some. fruits like apples, aswell as dried fruits and snack mix are great for that too. Your choice of almonds is superb. If you have no choice but fast food, just use common sense about what you're eating.

I have a really fast metabolism so I eat a bunch of small meals, instead of 3 large ones just so I keep up my energy up, but a lot of people say it helps them loose weight.

I wouldn't suggest the energy drinks either, just eat high protien foods instead.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
Do like I'm doing. Cut what you're eating in half and do 900 crunches a day, plus 200 push ups, with about 100 leg lifts thrown in.
It's best to work your body parts out in groups, not just push them all every day. Muscles need time to rest so they can grow. As far as general fitness/weightloss goes cardio is GREAT.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Running has always worked for me. I prefer swim workouts. They feel refreshing but you still get a workout. I, however, don't need to wrkout much because my metabolism is intense and i don't gain weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 07-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Evil Dead

If you're serious, give this a shot - it's a general gameplan for good health, but will of course tackle the weight issue.

Eat breakfast, if you don't.
Don't eat a high ratio of bread, any bread.
Less saturated fats and sugars.
Forget the term "deep fried" Doesn't exist.
Generally the less processed a foodstuff is, the higher the nutritional content, the less bullshit you're throwing into your body - so in short, definately agreed on the wholegrain thing.
Omega intake. If you don't eat fish, start. Salmon will cover you nicely if only one.
Healthy snacks. Fruit. Nuts. If it's packaged, READ THE PACKAGE no matter what it claims on the front.
Fresh chilli (er, peppers?) and ginger helps with the digestion, fresh garlic will be good for your heart.
If you eat salad at all (it's a given that you should) try throwing in some baby spinach leaves and various uncooked legumes.
That said, legumes in general - green beans, kidney beans, lentils (split peas) butter beans, snake beans are highly recommended.
Olive oil - and don't cook it. If you can make a light olive oil dressing, it'll do you the world of good.
Mushrooms = good, filling, non-meat source of iron.
Cut the fat off any meat, eat your chicken skinless, and have one completely vegetarian day per week.
Have one glass of full bodied red wine that often too.
Check your sugar levels, and watch the intake - in a roundabout way, your body munching on sugar for energy stops it from munching away your fat - if your sugar levels are high, cut down.
If you currently drink them, cut the soda/softdrink right out of your diet, even the diet stuff. Go with predominately water, and juice.
Don't get any more than 7.5 hours sleep, or any less than 7. Yes, this can effect your weight.
Some people swear by grapefruit for breakfast - I just do that occasionally because I like it.

If you can work with all that while regularly excersizing, with the amount of good you're doing for yourself, you can actually take one day per week to eat/drink pretty much whatever you like without actually effecting you much at all.

Last edited by Phalanx; 07-30-2008 at 02:56 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:31 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
If you're serious, give this a shot - it's a general gameplan for good health, but will of course tackle the weight issue.

Eat breakfast, if you don't.
Don't eat a high ratio of bread, any bread.
Less saturated fats and sugars.
Forget the term "deep fried" Doesn't exist.
Generally the less processed a foodstuff is, the higher the nutritional content, the less bullshit you're throwing into your body - so in short, definately agreed on the wholegrain thing.
Omega intake. If you don't eat fish, start. Salmon will cover you nicely if only one.
Healthy snacks. Fruit. Nuts. If it's packaged, READ THE PACKAGE no matter what it claims on the front.
Fresh chilli (er, peppers?) and ginger helps with the digestion, fresh garlic will be good for your heart.
If you eat salad at all (it's a given that you should) try throwing in some baby spinach leaves and various uncooked legumes.
That said, legumes in general - green beans, kidney beans, lentils (split peas) butter beans, snake beans are highly recommended.
Olive oil - and don't cook it. If you can make a light olive oil dressing, it'll do you the world of good.
Mushrooms = good, filling, non-meat source of iron.
Cut the fat off any meat, eat your chicken skinless, and have one completely vegetarian day per week.
Have one glass of full bodied red wine that often too.
Check your sugar levels, and watch the intake - in a roundabout way, your body munching on sugar for energy stops it from munching away your fat - if your sugar levels are high, cut down.
If you currently drink them, cut the soda/softdrink right out of your diet, even the diet stuff. Go with predominately water, and juice.
Don't get any more than 7.5 hours sleep, or any less than 7. Yes, this can effect your weight.
Some people swear by grapefruit for breakfast - I just do that occasionally because I like it.

If you can work with all that while regularly excersizing, with the amount of good you're doing for yourself, you can actually take one day per week to eat/drink pretty much whatever you like without actually effecting you much at all.

And you live like that?

You must be one skinny fucker.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Evil Dead

I'm not exactly as extreme - but then I'm not actively trying to lose a bunch of weight. I eat healthy yeah, and the things I mentioned to eat, I do...but I also indulge outside of that, just keep the good stuff as the majority.

It's about trying to get as much of that kind've thing done as you're able - it's ALL positive...but yes, if a person stuck to such a routine, their weight would drop rapidly, and overall health increase greatly and quickly.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:58 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
I'm not exactly as extreme - but then I'm not actively trying to lose a bunch of weight. I eat healthy yeah, and the things I mentioned to eat, I do...but I also indulge outside of that, just keep the good stuff as the majority.

It's about trying to get as much of that kind've thing done as you're able - it's ALL positive...but yes, if a person stuck to such a routine, their weight would drop rapidly, and overall health increase greatly and quickly.

I don't have the determination to start a health plan like that. Even tho i would love to lose my slowly growing love handles. :(