Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Contributors, Articles & Others > News, Reviews & Article Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Evil Dead

Post Resident Evil: Extinction (DVD)

Far from extinct, this flick proves there's still life in the old zombies yet [details]
Old 01-07-2008, 09:42 AM
saw6

Smile

this was a great movie.and it was the best one.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Infection Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw6 View Post
this was a great movie.and it was the best one.
Didn't see it, although being a big fan of the games, I intend to. I didn't really like "Apocalypse", and the first film had a lot of good moments, but I wasn't entirely sold on that one either. I thought the "slick action movie...with zombies" approach Anderson took at adapting these beloved games didn't work, at least not for longtime fans. I would have liked to see the dark, shocking, desperate feel of the games carried over into the films, as well as having the plots and characters replicated more faithfully. Sienna Guillory's Jill is good, and Oded Fehr (sp?) is a pretty good Carlos. Haven't seen Ali Larter's Claire, but I'll give her a chance. The settings and plot are a mishmash of the games, but it works. But imagine a more faithful adaptation of RE2? I used to. I did, however, like the subtle references to the games (and they are subtle), and the licker from the first film kicked ass (even though in a lot of shots, it looked fake due to bad CGI). I thought the cab driver character in Apocalypse was just annoying, with his silly gold-plated desert eagles, come on (he almost ruined the movie for me). Alice's fight scenes made me wonder why she wasn't simply named "Trinity" instead. She's just there to add some sex appeal to the series (Jovovich is pretty hot). The Nemesis was just a big dumb monster, which is a stark contrast to the ass-kicker he was in the game. The zombies look good though, they did well with them in the first film, ditto for the zombie dogs. Paul Anderson has been known to ruin a good thing *cough AvP* or two, and he did ruin my hopes of a great game series being adapted into a great set of films. His Resident Evil series, while not all bad, is unsatisfying for fans of the game series.

Last edited by colubrid660; 01-15-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:02 PM
THE WORKING DEAD

Of course I liked this movie. I feel that I HAVE to like this movie because I've played all the games a thousand times and watched both of the other movies too. I'm not bothered that the movies don't seem to follow the video games very closely because the movies seem to have taken on a life of their own. I was a little disappointed with the plot, though. Maybe it's just me, but I wish that the movie had either been about the survivors trying to go to Alaska or Alice trying to take down Umbrella. I didn't feel satisfied with either of the plot lines. Of course another sequel seemed obvious as far as the Alice story went, but I thought this was a trilogy and the next Resident Evil movie is a separate story and all CGI.