Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-21-2007, 09:08 PM
For Vendetta

Clive Barker's Jericho

Clive Barker’s Jericho is a terrifying squad-based horror first person shooter (FPS)game based on an original concept and story by legendary horror writer and filmmaker Clive Barker, the creator of Hellraiser.

An ancient evil has broken through into our world and is threatening to spread its taint across the whole of the earth unless it’s stopped. At ground zero lies the Middle Eastern city of Al-Khali, a modern city built atop the ancient ruins of a dozen previous conquerors.

Clive Barker’s Jericho delivers an overload of sensory horror. Players journey through hellish locations and slices of time combating gruesome and twisted enemies. A squad-based horror First person shooter, the Jericho of the title refers to the Jericho Team, a seven-man strike force that protects government interests from paranormal threats. Trained in both conventional warfare and the arcane arts, each Jericho Team member is an expert in different para-psychological disciplines, including telekinesis, pyromancy, blood magic and exorcism.

Features:

- All-action first person shooter combined with horror from the twisted mind of Clive Barker
- Modern weapons and paranormal powers
- Switch between and play all six squad members
- Direct your squad as they watch your back and follow your orders
- Squad first person shooter mechanics deliver tactical action
- Each character has unique paranormal abilities
- Abilities can be combined to create new powers
- Takes place in Al-Khali, a city formed over 6 different eras and ruled by evil

Jericho is a new supernatural horror concept with story by the master mythmaker, novelist and filmmaker Clive Barker. Jericho deals with the mysterious reappearance of a lost city in a remote desert. When a form of evil that goes back to the dawn of days resurfaces, a Special Forces squad, trained in both conventional warfare and the arcane arts, is sent in. Their mission: Hunt down and destroy the evil that lurks at the heart of the city before it destroys humanity.

Designed as an action horror title that ups the stakes in visuals and phantasmagorical special effects. Mingles the darkest elements of Barker’s horror fiction and films with an ambitious, age-spanning story aimed at mature gamers, fans of Clive Barker and horror fiction enthusiasts.

This is going to be another killer from the man who gave us Undying. Anyone else excited for this as much as I am?
Old 09-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Evil Dead

Having played Undying, I'm looking foward to this.
I need to get a PS3 for work anyways so I'll probably see it on that...

Anyways, undying was one of the most, and still IS one of the most effectually scary FPS games I've ever played. The atmosphere was perfection.
Between then and now I've always wondered what another Barker game would be like with newer technology available for development, looks like we'll get to see.
...Personally, I think this one could well have people saying "Bioshock? What's Bioshock?"
We shall see.
Yes, very much looking foward to another terrifying game.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:04 AM
Evil Puppy

The PC demo is out, head to Fileplanet and grab it right this second.
I'm in "line" as I type...
Old 09-28-2007, 07:28 AM
For Vendetta

Whoa...I m running there.......WAIT FOR MEEEEEE!!!

:D
Old 09-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Banned

Demo is on xbox live....i'll be grabbing it tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Evil Dead

Played the pre-release copy on PS3 at work yesterday.
What a tasty fucking game...I'll be buyng this for sure.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:32 AM
Evil Dead

I was sick of the lack of content on the UK store so i started a US account, downloaded this & Stranglehold. Jerico looks like its going to be very special. Great graphics, the team element works well too. Reminds me of a hokey old PC game a few years back called Painkiller.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

I ask you again Captain, where will you go?
You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
Do you really think you can blow the piss out of them?
All of them?
Old 09-29-2007, 03:59 AM
Evil Dead

A lot more structured than painkiller...that whole game was just one wave of enemies after the other. Chunky combat, and nice graphics, but it got old.
Definately a lot more depth and storyline in Jericho from what I've went through thus far.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:13 AM
Evil Dead

Yeah Painkiller was a mindless blaster i was really talking of the graphical style of the game reminded me of certain levels on Painkiller.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

I ask you again Captain, where will you go?
You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
Do you really think you can blow the piss out of them?
All of them?
Old 09-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Satans goody,goody scarer

Yeah ive played the demo on 360....and i shall definatly be buying it.:D

BTW. Its a real crime scene photo.:D