Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Evil Dead

Deathproof.

########SPOILERS AHEAD#######

Just saw this last night. I knew it had bad reviews in this country & i have to admit to being disapointed. If it was anyone elses film it would'nt matter but its Tarantino & the film is just dull! Nintey minutes of girls getting pissed in a bar & talking trash & then two short action sequences!! I watched the trailer after the film last night & you had to scratch your head & ask yourself how & where did it all go wrong?
Watched the trailer for Planet Terror & that looks much better, so i won't cancel my pre order.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

I ask you again Captain, where will you go?
You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
Do you really think you can blow the piss out of them?
All of them?
Old 09-06-2007, 02:00 AM
No, fuck YOU

I couldn't agree more.

And actually, the best thing about those two Grindhouse movies are the fake trailers. They are quite hilarious and very well made. Especially "Don't, which was the highlight for me". Laughed my ass off. :)
Old 09-06-2007, 02:20 AM
Evil Dead

In the past Tarantinos done some really good commentary tracks E.G: Dusk til Dawn & True Romance. I was pretty pissed off theres no audio commmentary from Quentin on the dvd. Could'nt find those piss take trailers only for Planet Terror, Feast & a couple of others.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

I ask you again Captain, where will you go?
You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
Do you really think you can blow the piss out of them?
All of them?
Old 09-06-2007, 06:27 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor satan View Post
In the past Tarantinos done some really good commentary tracks E.G: Dusk til Dawn & True Romance. I was pretty pissed off theres no audio commmentary from Quentin on the dvd. Could'nt find those piss take trailers only for Planet Terror, Feast & a couple of others.
The lack of trailers is just one of the many damnations of the horrible DVD treatment the films are getting/ have gotten.

While I did enjoy Death Proof, I agree that it lagged. A lot, sometimes. As I said in my review from ages ago, the Tarantino dialogue gets so rediculous that it seems almost like a self-parody. Usually, the crazy antics are funny- you know...Jules talking about tasty burgers, Mr. Brown talking about Madonna songs...but this just got rediculous at times. The ending was very good, though.

I much preferred Planet Terror. In fact, I loved Planet Terror. It works on every level- most notably the grindhouse gross-out and the black ironic humor of the whole damned thing.
You'll probably like this one much better. I certainly did.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor satan View Post
Trailer for "Don't"----->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxAgXJbami8
Old 09-06-2007, 01:11 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

they havent came out here yet but ive seen it as grindhouse.... loved planet terror but geez death proof was just aweful.... just mind numbingly dull.... any point in first 45 mins.... or the last half hour.... and seeing rose as kick ass chick with gun leg to some annoying blonde who gets killed.... oh god....

why cant they make werewolf women of the ss or dont.....? loved seeing nick frost and mark gatiss in the dont trailer....

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 09-06-2007, 04:01 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

I liked it, but I have to see it again. Maybe the 2nd time around might be better. Planet Terror was my favorite of the two. It's a Horror film, and Death Proof isn't.
I will NOT buy either DVD. I'm waiting until they release them together with the Faux trailers intact. However, I will rent them.

Last edited by illdojo; 09-07-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:04 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I will NOT buy either DVD. I'm waiting until they release them together with the Faux trailers intact.
I'm with you on that...I personally won't be seeing them at all until if/when...
Old 09-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
I'm with you on that...I personally won't be seeing them at all until if/when...
Ditto. As I mentioned, I loved the Grindhouse experience. So until I can enjoy the full sensation, instead of this half-assed money maker, I'll hold out. I really, really hope others will, too. I'm pissed at the Weinstein brothers.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:12 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

yeah by principle im holding out.... i wont buy seperate.... im pissed too

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"