Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Living Dead

The Creeping Flesh

1970s, Peter Cushing movie.

I have yet to find anyone who has seen this film - it is the film that gave me the worst nightmares as a child. Having seen it as an adult since, it is fairly bad (in a good kind of way - sort of :confused: ) but deeply frightening.

Anyone seen it?
Old 01-13-2004, 05:09 PM
Forensic Pathology Nerd

I think I have. Is that the one with the skelton that comes to life when you put water on it?

Old 01-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Scares Little Kids

Thumbs up

I love The Creeping Flesh . It's one of those films that you remember days after seeing it . Not because it's horrific or a work of art but just because it's so different from anything else made in the 70's
Yes it's got Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee in it but the story is far darker than the usual fairy tale trappings of Gothic horror . It's more concerned with mental illness and obsession .
I think the idea of an ancient race being brought back to life via modern science is also ahead of it's time ( way before jurassic park )
I've had it on video for years and know that it's due this year on dvd ................ about bloody time too .
Old 01-15-2004, 12:19 AM
Evil Dead

The rainstorm after the carriage crashes and exposes the skeleton to the elements was a nice touch. Nifty little Hammer-clone.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Evil Dead

Saw this movie on cable about a year ago.. Classic and the skeleton shot is awesome.. I have to get this movie after you reminded me of it..

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:09 AM
Evil Dead

This is one of those films I classify as fascinating but frustrating.

After introducing the skeleton, the script takes this long detour with the scientist's daughter who goes mad; it's almost like a different movie. Then in the last reel they remember the skeleton and bring it to life for very brief mayhem at the end.

And yet...it feels really creepy, and the whole concept brims with menace, the ending leaving your with all kinds of intriguing implications.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:11 AM
the countess

The best bit is the feeling of dread you get when the other guy decides to steal the skeleton on a dark rainy night.....you just think to yourself "now, you really don't want to be doing that!"