Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Silent but Deadly

what's with all the remakes?

i love horror movies, but i must say that the genre is going downhill because hollywood is running out of ideas and remaking classics that don't need to be remade. or the sequels that just keep on coming? does anyone out there agree?
Old 05-25-2006, 09:05 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Many of us do. Check it out.

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthre...threadid=22372
Old 05-28-2006, 04:13 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to empressofdirt
Re: what's with all the remakes?

Quote:
Originally posted by horrorobsessed
i love horror movies, but i must say that the genre is going downhill because hollywood is running out of ideas and remaking classics that don't need to be remade. or the sequels that just keep on coming? does anyone out there agree?
I agree on the fact that they're running out of ideas and remaking too many movies. But some of the remakes look very promising; The Hills Have Eyes was really good, and The Omen should be excellent.

When A Stranger Calls should've be axed at the beginning of production. What a horrible rip off that was.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:30 AM
It's Daddy,you shithead!

Re: what's with all the remakes?

Quote:
Originally posted by horrorobsessed
The Fog remake special features includes an interview with John Carpenter(and if there's anybody in the know it's him)in which he lays down his thoughts on the whole remake craze.

On average I don't believe in remakes though there are a few gems from time to time that prove worthy of the originals.

But to remake classic films for the sake of remaking them is without merit and a waste of everyone's time.

Budduskey:i am the motherfucking shore patrol,motherfucker!i am the motherfucking shore patrol!give this man a beer.

"Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman.
"Get stuffed!" replied the Harlequin, sneering.