Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-17-2006, 02:59 AM
For Vendetta

E3 Expo

E3 expo recently concluded at LA. It was held from 9-12 May, and I checked it out. (for those who dont know E3, you should retire from gaming...ok ok, its the Electronice Entertainment Expo, held in a particular city, has everything related to the gaming world, from future releases to current crazies, consoles, games, booths, babes, booth babes, celebrities, media etc. etc.)

There were quite a few interesting stuff I wanna share. So here they go :-

Sony's Newest Baby

You guessed right...the Playstation 3. Sony announced it to be released in Nov 2006. It will come in 2 versions, 20 GB and 60GB, priced at $499 and $599 respectively. It sounds expensive, but because of the hardware and new gaming chips and technology involved, Sony thinks its price is just about right. The new PS3 controller has a motion sensor which adds a difference to gaming (like if you are flying a plane and you have to tilt to the right, just tilt the controller you are holding to the right!) yeah it rocks baby!

Nintendo rocks the Wiikend..oops weekend

The new Nintendo Wii (new name for the N64) has another unique controller attached to it, which looks a lot like ninja nun-chucks. Priced at $199, and claims to revolutionise the way games are played. A demo of a game called "Red Steel" was available, which was sorta like "The Bushido Blade"(PS) with newer graphics and sound. It is a superbly made little game (I cant wait for the full version!!) and uses the full capability of the console. I definitely would want a Wii this Christmas! :D

Metal Gear Solid 4: Truly Fantastic

The latest trailer of MGS4 had me gawking. It looks incredible and awesome, and I am counting the days till its finally released...It will use the full range of stuff designed for the PS3, and will be the next huge winner (I m betting on it!) Sorta starting after 10 yrs after events of MGS2, Snake has grown older and...no more, or it will become a spoiler!:D Just wait...because the game is well worth the wait!

Halo 3: Awe-inspiring graphics

The newest game to hit the XBox360, Halo 3 is more refined, solid and grittier to play. In the trailer, Earth is in ruins now. Big groups of banshees are flying around in the sky between huge motherships. Cock the guns, its time to tackle the aliens again! The trailer is truly amazing, and any true fan of Halo should go and download it.

Call of Duty 3: Eerily realistic

I have loved both parts of COD so far. They simply rock, for the superb gameplay, visuals and stunning sound. The trailer to COD 3 showed a glimpse of whats in store. More stunning sound and graphics and very, very realistic gameplay. If anyone downloads the trailer, just check out the melee fight at the end. You will kill or be killed to grab a copy of this baby when its released!

8 Days: newest winner from the Sony stable

Sony will be releasing this game called 8 Days very soon. This game looks absolutely fantastic with its premise. The trailer was action-packed and extremely stylish. It switches from active gameplay to animated cut-scenes and vice versa, in the middle of levels (not like at end of a level, like Max Payne). It has a very classy feel, and the game should be an instant hit.

There were several others being showcased, like Smackdown vs Raw 2007 for the wrestling game fans, Splinter Cell's newest version called Double Agent (this one has a lot of blood, from what the trailer showed)...

Booths -

All booths were full of collectibles and looked gorgeous. Some of the more prominent ones were :-

The booth of Blizzard Ent. showcased World of Warcraft.

Capcom's section looked dazzling, with most players pitting their skills against the "God Hand" game which was very popular.

Eidos matched em all in offering Reservoir Rogs, Hitman:Blood and Money, Tomb Raider: Legend, Justice League Heroes etc.

Electronic Arts' booth was the most impressive out of all of em. Dazzling lights, superb visuals and great sound. They showcased Superman, Crysis, 2142 Battlefield, and their latest offering, EA Mobile gaming (hook ur mobile up and play!):D

Konami celebrated the 25th Anniversary of their first bestseller game, Frogger, offering neat game-prizes, and showcased Silent Hill series.

LucasArts' were there in full force with their several Star Wars offerings and a new Indiana Jones game.

Midway's booth had the most games. Plenty of good ones like the LOTR Online: Shadows of Angmar, Mortal Kombat, Spyhunter and many more were lined up.

Namco's section featured Hellgate:London as their latest offering, with several other bestsellers around (most notably Pac-Man).

Sega's section featured Medieval II most prominently, with other games taking a backseat from the spotlight.

Ubisoft Ent.'s booth featured RayMan, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, a relatively new game called Assassin's Creed, etc.

Vivendi Universal had showcased all its winners like TimeShift, FEAR, Scarface etc.

To round it all up, Microsoft had theirs all hooked up and ready with their XBox Live section, with plenty of new and addictive games to go with their Xbox360 console.

Atari, THQ and Crave were other prominent game-booths, there was a Lara Croft look-alike interview which sucked:rolleyes: , Paris Hilton's new game Jewl Jam:rolleyes: , plenty of gaming furniture and gadgets on display such as cams for the XBox, seats, racing pods, chairs, and a very pretty racing cockpit :D

All in all it was a really fun expo. I gathered lots of collectibles and games which I wanted to play for awhile. The PS3 and Wii are in my "Must-Get-For-Christmas" list, and I am gonna pester my folks to get em for me now!! :D

P.S. :- Took me a realass while to type all the details in, so somebody better read this :mad:

Last edited by _____V_____; 05-17-2006 at 03:04 AM.