Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-07-2005, 04:30 AM
Evil Dead

DVD's

I was waiting on a friend and saw an "all DVD" rental store. I know BB primarily stocks DVD's but do you really think an all DVD store would work?

The guy working told me business was good, and every-once-in-awhile they got somebody in complaining about there being no VHS tapes.

Personally I think it will be a very long time before we see the end of the VHS.

Nosferatu,
Does not this word sound like the call of the death bird at Midnight? You dare not say it since the pictures will fade into dark shadows, ghostly dreams will rise from your heart and feed on your own blood
Old 01-07-2005, 04:45 AM
Banned

I don't think it will be that long before video rental stores are DVD exclusive. My local store's VHS section is getting smaller and smaller every day.

Personally....I've become quite the DVD snob. I would never watch a VHS anymore.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:47 AM
Banned

DVD players are the fastest growing technology of all time.
some people will retain their vhs macbines so they can tape their shitty tv shows and watch them later but the rentals will dissapear within 2 - 3 years tops.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:33 AM
Now she has us.

Re: DVD's

Quote:
Originally posted by movieman64
I was waiting on a friend and saw an "all DVD" rental store. I know BB primarily stocks DVD's but do you really think an all DVD store would work?

The guy working told me business was good, and every-once-in-awhile they got somebody in complaining about there being no VHS tapes.

Personally I think it will be a very long time before we see the end of the VHS.
they'll get phased out eventually, by the bigger chains. DVD players are soo cheap now, I've seen them on sale for £20.

A couple of major Electrical Stores in the Uk annonced a few months ago, that they would no longer be selling VHS players anymore. People are moving on to DVD and you can get DVD recorders much cheaper now, with massive hard drives built in.... the States must be heading this way as well.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 01-07-2005, 07:40 AM
Evil Dead

Re: Re: DVD's

Quote:
Originally posted by ShankS
they'll get phased out eventually, by the bigger chains. DVD players are soo cheap now, I've seen them on sale for £20.

A couple of major Electrical Stores in the Uk annonced a few months ago, that they would no longer be selling VHS players anymore. People are moving on to DVD and you can get DVD recorders much cheaper now, with massive hard drives built in.... the States must be heading this way as well.

I have a DVR for my satellite reciever and it's great!

Nosferatu,
Does not this word sound like the call of the death bird at Midnight? You dare not say it since the pictures will fade into dark shadows, ghostly dreams will rise from your heart and feed on your own blood
Old 01-07-2005, 11:00 AM
legal eyes

Send a message via AIM to jay o2 waster
i am the main dvd rental source for most of my friends
Old 01-07-2005, 11:39 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
My familly is planning on getting a DVD/VHS combo unit withing the bext few months, those are the perfect solution! I have some awesome VHS tapes, so they wouldnt be obsolete, plus we could watch DVD's [Which are, not questiuon, much better]
Old 01-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sedated_replica Send a message via Yahoo to Sedated_replica
Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
DVD players are the fastest growing technology of all time.
some people will retain their vhs macbines so they can tape their shitty tv shows and watch them later but the rentals will dissapear within 2 - 3 years tops.
Hey, I still tape tv shows. But I rarely watch them. vhs is gonna be around forever just like records.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Evil Dead

nah... Whs is going down... people will record TV shows and stuff onto Rewriteable Dvds or onto harddiscs... like some of us do already... no need for those unhandy and big cassettes...
Old 01-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Evil Dead

I only buy DVD's now, but if I see a movie on VHS but not DVD and I have looked for it for a while, I'll get it...just in case.

We all know about the quality and extras of DVDs, but my growing concern is space. I have over 700 titles and it is a bit troublesome to find a safe area to secure them in (away from the destructive touch of children). DVDs are much easier than VHS to store safely. I am considering placing my DVDs in "Books" or carriers so they could be easier to store or grab in the event of a fire or something. Any idea what a bitch, not to mention the expense, that it would be to replace 700 movies! :eek: