Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Man Tries To Electrocute Wife...To Save His Marriage

Dahlby: I acted to save union

In what he called "a stupid idea" intended to keep his wife from leaving him, William Dahlby said in court Tuesday that he threw a live electrical wire into his wife's bath.

Dahlby said he was only trying to scare his wife with the wire he hid under a towel before his wife's bath. "At no time did I ever intend to kill or hurt my wife," he said. "I don't even know if that was possible."

The La Crosse man, who is on trial for attempted first-degree intentional homicide and intimidation of a victim, took the stand to challenge the state's assertions that he was trying to kill his wife to start a new life with another woman.

Dahlby said he and the woman had been intimate, but he was not having an affair. He also said his wife did not know about the relationship.

Dahlby told jury he did not want his wife dead and that he actually hoped to persuade her to stay with him by convincing her she could have died.

Much of Dahlby's testimony was spent explaining to the jury the steps he took to make sure there was no way his wife could have died in the incident.

Dahlby said the wire he placed in the bath was hooked to a "ground fault interrupter" that is designed to cut the electricity as the cord came in contact with the water.

Using technical terms, Dahlby told the jury how he rigged, then tested and retested the device to make sure there was no way his wife would be electrocuted.

Through much of the day Tuesday, the jury heard the state's case against Dahlby, who said on the stand that he has been convicted of 10 offenses.

Dahlby's wife, Mary, took the stand in the morning.

She told how her husband drew her bath after the couple spent the day walking hand-in-hand and going on a long motorcycle ride.

While she took her bath, Mary Dahlby said, her husband came into the bathroom and insisted she have more water in the tub. Then he dropped the cord into the bath, she said.

Mary Dahlby said she jumped out of the bath after she heard a "plop" and then the sound of electrical current coming toward her.

As she struggled to get out of the tub, Mary Dahlby said, her husband tried to push her back in the tub, but she managed to get free and ran out of the bathroom.

William Dahlby immediately apologized and convinced his wife not to call police by telling her he was suffering from lung cancer and did not want his wife to have to live without him.

Mary Dahlby said the May 9 incident was not the first time her husband flirted with electrocuting her. A couple of weeks earlier, she said, he put a radio on the sink above the tub, but removed it when she complained. The other time, he used a blow dryer in the bathroom even though he had never dried his hair in the bathroom before.

She also testified that she had no idea her husband was unfaithful until police investigators learned of his affair with a Wausau, Wis., woman during their investigation.

Dahlby's attorney, Tim Guth, said in his opening remarks that Mary Dahlby exaggerated portions of her story because she was angry her husband was seeing another woman.

William Dahlby denied many parts of his wife's testimony. He said he never said he had lung cancer, denied that he tried to push his wife into the tub or that he put the radio in the bathroom.

The defense is expected to wrap up its case today.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 11-01-2004, 09:38 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to xI_dork_Ix
what a retard. haha. I hope they find him guilty!!! haha. I'm sorry but I cannot believe his reason behind it either. Lets shock my wife so she'll stay with me!?

"SCIENCE FICTION DOUBLE FEATURE"
Science Fiction - double-feature Dr X will build a creature
See Androids fighting Brad and Janet, Anne Francis stars in Forbidden Planet
Oh - at the late night, double-feature Picture Show.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:41 AM
Death wants you!Yeah you!

Send a message via AIM to dantehorrorfan
Re: Man Tries To Electrocute Wife...To Save His Marriage

Quote:
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Dahlby: I acted to save union

In what he called "a stupid idea" intended to keep his wife from leaving him, William Dahlby said in court Tuesday that he threw a live electrical wire into his wife's bath.

Dahlby said he was only trying to scare his wife with the wire he hid under a towel before his wife's bath. "At no time did I ever intend to kill or hurt my wife," he said. "I don't even know if that was possible."

The La Crosse man, who is on trial for attempted first-degree intentional homicide and intimidation of a victim, took the stand to challenge the state's assertions that he was trying to kill his wife to start a new life with another woman.

Dahlby said he and the woman had been intimate, but he was not having an affair. He also said his wife did not know about the relationship.

Dahlby told jury he did not want his wife dead and that he actually hoped to persuade her to stay with him by convincing her she could have died.

Much of Dahlby's testimony was spent explaining to the jury the steps he took to make sure there was no way his wife could have died in the incident.

Dahlby said the wire he placed in the bath was hooked to a "ground fault interrupter" that is designed to cut the electricity as the cord came in contact with the water.

Using technical terms, Dahlby told the jury how he rigged, then tested and retested the device to make sure there was no way his wife would be electrocuted.

Through much of the day Tuesday, the jury heard the state's case against Dahlby, who said on the stand that he has been convicted of 10 offenses.

Dahlby's wife, Mary, took the stand in the morning.

She told how her husband drew her bath after the couple spent the day walking hand-in-hand and going on a long motorcycle ride.

While she took her bath, Mary Dahlby said, her husband came into the bathroom and insisted she have more water in the tub. Then he dropped the cord into the bath, she said.

Mary Dahlby said she jumped out of the bath after she heard a "plop" and then the sound of electrical current coming toward her.

As she struggled to get out of the tub, Mary Dahlby said, her husband tried to push her back in the tub, but she managed to get free and ran out of the bathroom.

William Dahlby immediately apologized and convinced his wife not to call police by telling her he was suffering from lung cancer and did not want his wife to have to live without him.

Mary Dahlby said the May 9 incident was not the first time her husband flirted with electrocuting her. A couple of weeks earlier, she said, he put a radio on the sink above the tub, but removed it when she complained. The other time, he used a blow dryer in the bathroom even though he had never dried his hair in the bathroom before.

She also testified that she had no idea her husband was unfaithful until police investigators learned of his affair with a Wausau, Wis., woman during their investigation.

Dahlby's attorney, Tim Guth, said in his opening remarks that Mary Dahlby exaggerated portions of her story because she was angry her husband was seeing another woman.

William Dahlby denied many parts of his wife's testimony. He said he never said he had lung cancer, denied that he tried to push his wife into the tub or that he put the radio in the bathroom.

The defense is expected to wrap up its case today.
U sir are the weakist link and electricity+water=Death u idiot