Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Little Boo

Greetings!

I'm a young man and been a horror fan since I was four or five years old, going in my early thirties now. So I've been on a couple of horror forums but they've always disappeared sooner or later. This looks like one that's likely to still be here even in a few years' time, so I decided to join. :)

In horror movies I prefer psychological over gore, but a healthy balance of them is fine as well. With the exception of werewolf movies where I appreciate any amount of blood and gore.

While I had my vampire-love phase and still do like them, werewolves have always been the love of my life. Some of my top favourite horror movies are Bad Moon, The Company of Wolves, and Ginger Snaps 2 (because of the ending.) And my favourite horror book is absolutely Stephen King's Cycle of the Werewolf - though not actually scary as I don't believe in werewolves existing for real, it is pure gold in other terms.
Other favourite horror films are ie. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) and Hirchcok's The Birds.

I am more into horror movies than books, reading the genre only occasionally. I also enjoy horror books targetted at children and teens such as R.L. Stine's Goosebumps books. Approximately a couple of years ago I discovered the online world of Creepypastas and since have occasionally enjoyed a bunch of them in audio format on YouTube. Recently came across wonderful team of narrators from Chilling Tales For Dark Nights production, while also enjoying CreepyMcPasta, MrCreepyPasta, and CreepyPastaJr's narratons. Probably my favourite Creepypasta author is William Dalphin.

Apart from brief scenes or short one-shot stories in my Harry Potter fanfiction series featuring my original character who is a werewolf, I don't write horror because I don't want to dive into what scares me the most or into my dark side in that way.

As big of a horror fan as I am, I'm not a horror junkie. I enjoy it usually in moderation every now and then, though occasionally there's periods when I get lost in horror stuff for a few days at a time and then stay away from it for a while and focus on my writing & watch cute animal videos from YouTube to balance my state of mind. But I'm happy to discuss the horror genre and everything related to it, any time.

Other movie/book genres I love are fantasy, adventure and historical films. And of course drama and comedy. And some sci-fi and action films.
Other favourite films are ie. Wes Craven's Scream (+ S2 and S4), The Phantom of the Opera based on the ALW musical, Peter Pan (2003 live-action), The Lion King, Young Guns (1 & 2)...

Other interests of mine include in example, retro video games, creative writing, making fan videos, and making computer graphics. So I'm a very artistic soul. Creative writing is my passion and forum roleplaying my dearest hobby.

Last edited by Kieran; 01-09-2016 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:49 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy and stick around.

I feel it appropriate that I start the welcome wagon on this one ;)

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 01-10-2016, 05:56 PM
病気の

Hello..
Old 01-11-2016, 02:52 AM
Horror > Everything

Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-12-2016, 01:32 PM
Penthouse Pauper

Hello Kieran.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:45 AM
A VERY OLD BROAD

Hi there and welcome!