Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieLover12 View Post
How many billions of people in the world now?
Yeah, but we have to keep trying until the intelligent ones outnumber the dumb ones. I've seen your posts... you're the reason we have to have children. :P
Old 07-14-2015, 08:53 PM
That fucking Guy...

Ok, so this is the first time I've actually put the moderation boots on...so here goes:

Guys, can I just throw out a reminder that while I personally (not speaking for the rest of the site) encourage people to feel comfortable and throw a few jokes around - there's certain lines we generally don't want to cross, so as to not misrepresent horror enthusiasts...throughout my life I've seen the attitude that anybody that's into horror is a little bit bent in the head, too much in my life - so lets avoid providing any further ammunition.

So yeah, thank you for all those that visit this thread and make a contribution to the forum...but please, try to work with me by not posting deliberately offensive and incendiary things.

This is a thread that I posted to give a small insight into my life among some new people but predominately the longer standing members that I've known for some years - while I welcome all to come and follow what we post in here and join in...it doesn't have to be all rainbows and "awwww", but yeah, I won't tolerate this thread degrading into a rubbish dump, so I guess moderate yourselves, or I will moderate you.

Thanks.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 07-14-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:12 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
This is a thread that I posted to give a small insight into my life among some new people but predominately the longer standing members that I've known for some years - while I welcome all to come and follow what we post in here and join in...
Well said, Cheeba. I'm glad you added this though. I wanted to say a while ago how lucky you are to have such a beautiful family, but seeing as I'm just a newb it felt out of place. But considering you said you welcome new people too... consider this post the first attempt at getting back on topic.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 07-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Banned

Chee, was it a favourable environment?
Old 07-24-2015, 04:09 PM
That fucking Guy...

Uh, yeah - I guess.
No major incidents yet ;)

Nothing much to report this time, just walking/running more.
Nearly has all her teeth now/or coming through which is apparently a bit weird at less than a year and a half, but cool...while there's been some annoying crying and sleepless nights (seriously, anyone considering a child, expect to have SHIT sleep a fair bit here and there) at least all the teeth have been pretty much consecutively coming through so should be over with...quick-er...than usual.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 07-24-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:09 PM

Seems like yesterday you were talking about her being born! Man...and now she's walking and such. Time does fly. Yeah, the sleepless nights....I don't miss those at all!!
Old 07-25-2015, 09:41 AM
Banned

Soon, she be at school and be labelled a Purple Penguin!
Old 07-25-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
What a load of codswallop!! I mean, how far are we going to go with "political correctness"? My kids have grown and completed all their schooling but I have grandkids going through the school system and I know a lot of you posters have young ones going off to school soon. They seem to want to make the words "boy" and "girl" obsolete. That was my take on it anyway.

heh, heh. Sorry about ranting on this thread.

Last edited by The Bloofer Lady; 07-26-2015 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Acting like a curmudgeon
Old 07-25-2015, 10:16 PM
ventricle

Quote:
I had no idea what you were talking about...

Quote:
School Told to Call Kids ‘Purple Penguins’ Because ‘Boys and Girls’ Is Not Inclusive to Transgender

A Nebraska school district has instructed its teachers to stop referring to students by “gendered expressions” such as “boys and girls,” and use “gender inclusive” ones such as “purple penguins” instead. “Don’t use phrases such as ‘boys and girls,’ ‘you guys,’ ‘ladies and gentlemen,’ and similarly gendered expressions to get kids’ attention,” instructs a training document given to middle-school teachers at the Lincoln Public Schools.

“Create classroom names and then ask all of the ‘purple penguins’ to meet on the rug,” it advises. The document also warns against asking students to “line up as boys or girls,” and suggests asking them to line up by whether they prefer “skateboards or bikes/milk or juice/dogs or cats/summer or winter/talking or listening.” “Always ask yourself . . . ‘Will this configuration create a gendered space?’” the document says.

The instructions were part of a list called “12 steps on the way to gender inclusiveness” developed by Gender Spectrum, an organization that “provides education, training and support to help create a gender sensitive and inclusive environment for children of all ages.”

Other items on the list include asking all students about their preferred pronouns and decorating the classroom with “all genders welcome” door hangers. If teachers still find it “necessary” to mention that genders exist at all, the document states, they must list them as “boy, girl, both or neither.”

Furthermore, it instructs teachers to interfere and interrupt if they ever hear a student talking about gender in terms of “boys and girls” so the student can learn that this is wrong. “Point out and inquire when you hear others referencing gender in a binary manner,” it states. “Ask things like . . . ‘What makes you say that? I think of it a little differently.’ Provide counter-narratives that challenge students to think more expansively about their notions of gender.”

The teachers were also given a handout created by the Center for Gender Sanity, which explains to them that “Gender identity . . . can’t be observed or measured, only reported by the individual,” and an infographic called “The Genderbred Person,” which was produced by www.ItsPronouncedMetroSexual.com.

Despite controversy, Lincoln Superintendent Steve Joel has declared that he is “happy” and “pleased” with the training documents. “We don’t get involved with politics,” he told KLIN Radio’s Drive Time Lincoln radio show. “We don’t get involved with gender preferences. We’re educating all kids . . . and we can’t be judgmental,” he said.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-not-inclusive

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-25-2015 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Maggie:}

Send a message via AIM to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via MSN to pinkfloyd45769 Send a message via Yahoo to pinkfloyd45769
I missed a bunch of stuff while i was gone.It was nice reading this and catching up on this beautiful new life.She is beautiful:}

BTW,there was a few asshole remarks and i loved seeing Spal jump in there.Its crazy how our mommy mode kicks in:}