Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-30-2015, 02:28 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Avengers 2 looks about as interesting as most other superhero movies. It's like they're made on an assembly line now.
I have complete faith in Joss Whedon. I don't know if it'll be as good as the first, in fact I fear it'll be worse, but I know it's in good hands so I have faith in it. Not to mention the Marvel movies have been doing way better than the DC ones.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 04-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
I have complete faith in Joss Whedon. I don't know if it'll be as good as the first, in fact I fear it'll be worse, but I know it's in good hands so I have faith in it. Not to mention the Marvel movies have been doing way better than the DC ones.
I just hate the comic book genre in general.... it's talk talk talk, fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight, talk talk, fight fight fight fight, credits, post-credits scene. The plot is almost always predictable, and they're overstuffed with repetitive fight scenes. There's always gonna be the exception every few years like Spider-Man (with Toby McGuire), The Dark Knight, and Guardians of the Galaxy, but those are way too uncommon now.

Last edited by horcrux2007; 04-30-2015 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:53 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I just hate the comic book genre in general.... it's talk talk talk, fight fight fight fight fight fight fight fight, talk talk, fight fight fight fight, credits, post-credits scene. The plot is almost always predictable, and they're overstuffed with repetitive fight scenes. There's always gonna be the exception every few years like Spider-Man (with Toby McGuire), The Dark Knight, and Guardians of the Galaxy, but those are way too uncommon now.
I dig the anti-hero movies like Kick Ass, Super, Watchmen and such.

But normal superhero flicks doesn't do much for me. In fact I find them kinda boring.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:52 PM
Evil Dead

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I dig the anti-hero movies like Kick Ass, Super, Watchmen and such.

But normal superhero flicks doesn't do much for me. In fact I find them kinda boring.
Me too, on both counts. I love those superhero & vigilante black comedies. And real superhero movies just seem like cartoons to me. I loved the 80s superman movies, and the recent remake seemed promising for a while, until it turned into guys flying around, punching each other through skyscrapers. Like, for an hour. Boring, fake, and lacking the human element that made the originals so good.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:58 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
I loved the 80s superman movies, and the recent remake seemed promising for a while, until it turned into guys flying around, punching each other through skyscrapers. Like, for an hour. Boring, fake, and lacking the human element that made the originals so good.
Very much agreed on these. I also grew up on Tim Burton's Batman, so I adore those. The remakes were okay, but... Batman drives a tank? what. And Man of Steel was just made of fail. Nostalgia Critic literally summed up every single problem I saw in it and a million other things. If that's the future of superhero movies, then no wonder they're loosing audience.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 04-30-2015, 09:06 PM
Evil Dead

Have to do a lot of disagreeing here!! I LOVE superhero movies of all kinds!!

I love the latest versions way more than I ever did their originals.

Watchmen rules!!

Old 05-01-2015, 07:17 AM
Evil Dead

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bdg.jpg (28.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-01-2015, 07:39 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
Have to do a lot of disagreeing here!! I LOVE superhero movies of all kinds!!

I love the latest versions way more than I ever did their originals.

Watchmen rules!!
A few of my friends love superhero movies. I invite them to see It Follows and they invite me to see Thor 2.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:42 AM
Evil Dead

I might go see Ex Machina while my dad sees Avengers 2 lol
Old 05-01-2015, 08:51 AM

Took my grandson down to the park in the village and there was a black bear just ambling to and fro' down Church Street! Couldn't believe it was a bear I was seeing til the police came cause the elementary school had called them..: