Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-13-2015, 01:28 AM
Evil Dead

best 80s slasher villain

besides freddy, jason and mr myers, and why they are. Allowing 70s to mid eighties only

Last edited by neilold; 06-13-2015 at 01:29 AM.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:09 AM
Evil Dead

Sorry mate but this is a tired thread.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:47 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Are you trying for a thread of favorite slashers that are less known or something?

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 07-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
besides freddy, jason and mr myers, and why they are. Allowing 70s to mid eighties only
Kane Hodder didn't become Jason until 1988. If we can only go up to "mid-eighties," then Michael takes it in a walk.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Are you trying for a thread of favorite slashers that are less known or something?
If so, my first thought would be Harry Warden, the murdering miner from My Bloody Valentine (1981). That movie deserved a sequel.
Old 07-22-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
If so, my first thought would be Harry Warden, the murdering miner from My Bloody Valentine (1981). That movie deserved a sequel.
Me too! I squealed with joy when I found it on Netflix to watch again.
I'm surprised Harry's not as well loved as Micheal, Freddy, or Jason. He certainly deserves it. (And as always the original is the best. Even if Jensen Ackles is in the remake.)

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
I'm surprised Harry's not as well loved as Micheal, Freddy, or Jason. He certainly deserves it. (And as always the original is the best. Even if Jensen Ackles is in the remake.)
Agreed! Harry is iconic, has a great outfit, a wicked weapon and a fun back story. I would have loved to see this become a franchise. The original was hacked up pretty good and lost a lot of the great gore and FX, but the unedited version is available and it's worth looking out for. The shower scene and the laundry mat scenes are lot more savage.

I like the remake. Sure, the original is better but they do a nice job with the legend and the kills are nasty! Jamie King is also very easy on the eyes, so points for her involvement.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:05 AM
Evil Dead

i'm trying for good slasher villains, that aren't the usual suspects. My favourite is the bloke in the prowler. He looks cool, he's goodly violent and bloody, and for some reason i like the bizzare links back to an old killer story, which is kinda unusual for a slasher
Old 07-25-2015, 01:30 AM
Indie Games & Horror

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the "heart in a box" thing originate with him, or was that a borrowed thing? Because the Scream TV series used that in the first episode.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Agreed! Harry is iconic, has a great outfit, a wicked weapon and a fun back story. I would have loved to see this become a franchise. The original was hacked up pretty good and lost a lot of the great gore and FX, but the unedited version is available and it's worth looking out for. The shower scene and the laundry mat scenes are lot more savage.
Oooo I'll certainly be on the hunt for that! It's already on my 'must have' list 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe @ AltInn Games View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the "heart in a box" thing originate with him, or was that a borrowed thing? Because the Scream TV series used that in the first episode.
For all I know it could be. I can't think of an older film off the top of my head that may have done it, but I couldn't tell you for certain.