Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-29-2015, 04:30 AM
Horror > Everything

The standout thing to me about Alice Sweet Alice is the general atmosphere. Things never seem quite right. The film always feels a little dirty, unsettling. I don't count it among my favorites but I do like it quite a bit.

Psychomania ia a HOOT! Nothing beats british biker ghosts! :)

Glad u watched em, Roi. Also glad you ( sort of) enjoyed them. Still have a few tapes you haven't watched?
Old 12-29-2015, 03:12 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
It's been awhile since I've seen Alice, Sweet Alice, but I understand what you mean. I was expecting way more, & I remember feeling a tad bit disappointed.
Maybe it didn't have enough kills for me or something idk. It did feel exciting here and there when the sister died, and you start to think she's going to get back at everyone that pissed her off, like the perverted asshole landlord and her bitch aunt. But a kitten gets in the crossfire and she only hurts her aunt (if that was her I'm STILL lost on who killed or attacked who). The landlord gets it but it's from the older broad who kills Alice's father. 8/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
The standout thing to me about Alice Sweet Alice is the general atmosphere. Things never seem quite right. The film always feels a little dirty, unsettling. I don't count it among my favorites but I do like it quite a bit.

Psychomania ia a HOOT! Nothing beats british biker ghosts! :)

Glad u watched em, Roi. Also glad you ( sort of) enjoyed them. Still have a few tapes you haven't watched?
As I mentioned to the reply above but maybe not in so many words, it did have great atmosphere, that I agree. Too much mystery for me though, I really would like a more clear answer on who did all the attacking... Unsettling is a very good word for it.

OMG more british biker ghosts please!

Oh yes I have several. There'ssss... probably 7 or so I have yet to watch. I think that's half. o-o
I've been buying some to add so I might be forgetting which exactly I bought and which exactly I got from you. I've been watching other things inbetween and I need the house to myself pretty much to watch VHS so it's taking a while, but I am savoring them. 8)
Still can't thank you enough, hun<33

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 12-29-2015, 06:36 PM
Scholar

I found Las Vegas Serial Killer on Youtube and was playing in the background as I did things. The movie wasn't that great.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:15 PM
Little Boo

Class of Nuke 'em High
Old 12-30-2015, 09:58 PM
Evil Dead

Zombi 3 and Grave Disturbance. Zombi was as good as I remembered it. Disturbance, I just watched, for the first time tonight. Started off well but ended weakly.

Now I'm trying to find some place to watch Midnight Killer (1986) online? I've read it's pretty good but it isn't available on dvd.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:37 AM
Little Boo

Hellraiser II.. pretty average compared to the original..
Old 01-02-2016, 05:31 AM
Horror > Everything

Slithis. One of the shlockiest, cheesiest, crappiest and most entertaining rubber suit monster flicks of all time.

I know of exactly 2 other people who like this movie the way I do. Any of you guys fans of this poop?
Old 01-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Scholar

I tried to watch Grave of a Vampire on Youtube, but I turned it off after about 10 minutes.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgasm View Post
Hellraiser II.. pretty average compared to the original..
Even though it had way more gore than the first? Sounds kinda odd coming from a guy with the username 'GORgasm' to call Hellraiser II average. Just saying.

Nah but I feel you. The originals are rarely beat. I found II to be fantastic if not on par with the first myself, but I'm a sucker for asylums and mutilated cenobites. It was a joyride for me from beginning to end.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:00 PM

The Shining

...Someone please explain this movie to me. I feel like I blinked and missed half of it. Dad goes nuts, freezes to death when he fails to kill Jr, and the shot cuts to a photo from 1931 or whatever of dad somehow being IN it? And don't even get me started on the random furry giving head to a businessman.