Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-30-2015, 12:13 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

I last watched Screaming Skull. Charming little ghost story of a film. One of my favorites that I like to go back to for drawing inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
say, I'd love if you would say what you think of the movies you see!

Anything at all... from a rating, or did you think it was good/bad? was it scary? describe some scene you thought was interesting... that sort of thing.

On the flipside, are you really interested in merely reading that some you dont know watched a movie? I think we all assume that's occurring, doesnt make for interesting reading.
Titles would also be nice ;]

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 04-30-2015, 08:56 PM
Evil Dead

Today I watch old anthology that remind of Twilight Zone episodes. It quality watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Titles would also be nice ;]
Titles. Titles. More to life than only titles, my friend.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:05 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

But. How can we watch something you'd recommend if you don't tell us what the name of the movie is?

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 05-02-2015, 07:59 PM
Evil Dead

Man Made Monster (1941)

Just caught this on Svengoolie and loved it. Lon Chaney Jr gives a great performance. It's one of those classic stories about a monster whose not really the bad guy so the ending is always tragic. It plays out pretty formulaic here but it's done well enough that it's definitely worth seeing. The pseudo science is silly fun plus Lon Chaney glows through half the movie what's not to like.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:31 AM
Evil Dead

I love MMM a lot myself...Lon is quite engaging, good makeup job by Pierce,Lionel Atwill is great in here ( Love the part where he begs Samuel S Hinds not to call the police.."Oh no...PLEASE!") and it certainly moves.
Indeed, what's not to like?
Old 05-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Evil Dead

'Mystery At The Wax Museum" (1933)
-Lionel Atwill, Fay Wray

Plot: IMDB
In London, sculptor Ivan Igor struggles in vain to prevent his partner Worth from burning his wax museum...and his 'children.' Years later, Igor starts a new museum in New York, but his maimed hands confine him to directing lesser artists. People begin disappearing (including a corpse from the morgue); Igor takes a sinister interest in Charlotte Duncan, fiancée of his assistant Ralph, but arouses the suspicions of Charlotte's roommate, wisecracking reporter Florence.

Phantoms Review: Fun, but minor horror classic. One of the few times , that the Remake (House Of Wax with Vincent Price) was better. (in my opinion), But this is still an enjoyable film. Lionel Atwill is wonderfully mad, Fay Wray is as gorgeous as ever and actress Glenda Farrell is a blast as the tough talking female reporter trying to break a big story. Snappy 1930's dialogue, gothic atmosphere and an entertaining story.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Evil Dead

Old 1 about haunted farm and boy that stop haunting. It slow but spooky in real ways.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gears-of-Warren View Post
Old 1 about haunted farm and boy that stop haunting. It slow but spooky in real ways.
I rewatch this today because i not stop thinking about ending symbols.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Evil Dead

Thumb resize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gears-of-Warren View Post
I rewatch this today because i not stop thinking about ending symbols.
I still not understand. Maybe not symbols, maybe in my head only: Good movie any way.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:47 PM
Evil Dead

Island of Terror (1966)

Terence Fisher movie with an awesomely bad monster and Peter Cushing. Just watched it on Svengoolie and thought it was pretty fun.