Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-07-2015, 10:55 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
Saw The Howling for the first time in full recently and enjoyed it. I've seen some of the sequels but don't doubt the first is the best. I remember 4 and 7 being awful, while 3 and 5 were okay from my memory. Never saw 2 or 6.
I would skip 2 and at least give 6 a try. The werewolf is terrible but the story's entertaining. Though considering you don't like 4 (which is one of my favorites), you may not agree with my opinion. ^^;

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 07-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Evil Dead

I'll see them all someday, even the bad ones. I always make it a point to watch every entry in a series.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I'll see them all someday, even the bad ones. I always make it a point to watch every entry in a series.
Then I've got some Barbie movies you've got to see!
Old 07-09-2015, 10:38 AM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Saw The Howling for the first time in full recently and enjoyed it. I've seen some of the sequels but don't doubt the first is the best. I remember 4 and 7 being awful, while 3 and 5 were okay from my memory. Never saw 2 or 6.
Quote:
I really enjoyed The Howling, it is one of my favorite werewolf movies. I have actually been thinking of buying the entire Howling series for my collection. I will not only give every entry in a series a watch, but I will also add it to the collection purely for the sake of having it.

Last edited by metternich1815; 07-11-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
My hat off to you for that. I knew going in that Halloween 3 would suck and wouldn't have Micheal Myers in it but I watched it anyway. So I know where you're coming from on that.

I would get the collection of The Howling if they had an anniversary special edition or something and if I could afford it. Even though I already have 3 of them on DVD.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
My hat off to you for that. I knew going in that Halloween 3 would suck and wouldn't have Micheal Myers in it but I watched it anyway. So I know where you're coming from on that.

I would get the collection of The Howling if they had an anniversary special edition or something and if I could afford it. Even though I already have 3 of them on DVD.
In my opinion, Halloween III was the best in the series after the original.

I hate that they don't have a single collection for all the Howling movies. It would make things much easier.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:37 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
In my opinion, Halloween III was the best in the series after the original.

I hate that they don't have a single collection for all the Howling movies. It would make things much easier.
I've only seen the first three Halloweens. The first was amazing, I can't remember much about the second, and I remember the third decently. The third one is very different from the others as most of us know, but I think it was a great film. Creepy fun for a younger audience.

Spoiler for Halloween III:

I remember fondly the halloween mask a kid puts on to watch a commercial for that mask. His head becomes a monster pumpkin head, eventually his head thunking on the floor and him being dead. So rad.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Evil Dead

Halloween III is really good but I treat it as a stand-alone film which IMO is how it should've been released. It could've been the beginning of a Halloween-themed anthology series which was actually the plan by John Carpenter before it's lackluster box office performance.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:05 PM

I'm surprised at all the love for H3. I remember being very bored and annoyed with the characters. For a stand alone it wouldn't have been too bad, but I find it bothersome it associates itself with the Micheal Myers story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
HOW ABOUT IT. I wouldn't care if they put in it all the worst sequels and the remake (which I surprised they didn't announce a collectors back with it's release as remakes always draw attention to the roots before their release). I just need them all in one epic pack with hours of bonus material.

Last edited by Roiffalo; 07-17-2015 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:40 PM
That fucking Guy...

Friday The 13th - Probably the first one. Also enjoyed JGTH for it's differences.

Halloween - Can't comment. Haven't seen any but #1 and one from a few years back...will update when possible...

A Nightmare On Elm Street #3 Seems to come to mind more than any other. Though the first one is pretty close.

Saw Only really liked 1 & 2. Things seemed to get rather convoluted after that point for me. I will say though, that #4 (That's the one that showed his "first kill" right?) was pretty decent too.

Scream Probably the second one. 3 and 4 had the weakest killers with the least reasonable motivations.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Another one I'm not sure which ones I have seen and not. The first stands as pretty classic to me. Some "new generation" one was terrible. I seem to recall seeing one of the earlier ones where two of the brothers attacked a radio station? That seemed a bit stupid.
Not really counting the new ones, having seen the latest - that sucked. I think I *may* have seen the one that told Leatherfaces origin prior to that, it was "not bad" but yeah I've found the great majority of tcm movies a bit weak.

Alien The first one. I mean the second may have been the best "action" film in that series, but the best film IMO is the first.

Predator Probably Predator 2.

Phantasm 1 & 3. Can't really remember much of the others.

Evil Dead The second one seems to get a lot of love, but the first always has been and always will be my favourite.

Hellraiser I liked the first one. Second and third were "ok" and the one about the origins of the toymaker was interesting but basically...yeah...not a series that's improved with age. Never saw the last two.

Child's Play - I really liked the second one, though in hindsight that may just be the most stupid entry in the original 3. I don't really count bride/seed, or whatever that last one was with the weird looking doll.

Final Destination