Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdealblues View Post
Finished a "Child's Play" marathon last night. I hadn't seen them in a long time, especially the older ones, so I spent the last few nights watching them all.

I still enjoy the 1st 3 movies. Brad Dourif has such a great voice for doing characters. I love the vibe of the first movie and having Chris Sarandon doesn't hurt (loved him in Fright Night). I love Child's Play 2 just because of Christine Elise (had the biggest crush on her growing up), and Child's Play 3 was just perfectly campy.

Bride Of Chucky I hadn't seen since it came out. It's not as bad as I remember it and I still found it enjoyable.

Seed Of Chucky on the other hand I could go another 10-15 years without seeing again.
agree with all of that,i dont think id ever watch bride of chucky again though
Old 06-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Evil is Better

Humanoids From The Deep

Another fun Corman flick.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Demon from Ago

Staunton Hill- 2/10. The acting, though nothing Oscar worthy was pretty decent. Other than that, nothing was good about this. There was no tension, no atmosphere, it was unoriginal, not even a good death scene (at least nothing creative). I warn you, do not waste your time on this movie.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:20 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Wanderlust" 7-8/10

Paul Rudd was funny as hell in this one and the rest of the cast were terreffic. Too bad there wasn't more outtakes during the credits. I'm sure they had a lot. :D
Old 06-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Banned

the horror of frankenstein

1970 just mist the classics thread
probably no need to reveiw this as most people have seen it
great movie i reckon this is one movie that could be a good remake,so many killings that could have been good torture or gore scenes,nice ending too
Old 06-15-2012, 03:04 PM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdealblues View Post
I love Child's Play 2 just because of Christine Elise (had the biggest crush on her growing up)
Glad im not the only one. haha
Old 06-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Demon from Ago

The Changeling-10/10

A great ghost story and mystery wrapped up in one. The film makes excellent use of camera angles and movement, darkness, and sound effects...in essence scaring you with what you can't see but know is there. The music is also extremely unsettling at times. This film has wonderfully creepy atmosphere and superb acting. One way I identify a good horror movie is if the movie (or part of the movie) sticks with me for a while. This movie did that.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

Twilight w/RiffTrax- Good Lord, what an awful movie. I can't say enough bad things about it. Fortunately, the RiffTrax commentary got me through it.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
The Changeling-10/10

A great ghost story and mystery wrapped up in one. The film makes excellent use of camera angles and movement, darkness, and sound effects...in essence scaring you with what you can't see but know is there. The music is also extremely unsettling at times. This film has wonderfully creepy atmosphere and superb acting. One way I identify a good horror movie is if the movie (or part of the movie) sticks with me for a while. This movie did that.
on my top 10 list
Old 06-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Area 407 (2012)

The build up was fine but after the 1st half things get tired & repetitive. The last shot was too cheap like a sy-fy channel feature. Other than that, the idea wasn't bad...A plane crush on an abandoned 'Jurassic Park'!:D

>>: C