Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Dangeros

HAYWIRE.. nice flick.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Evil is Better

Prometheus

V, Posher, and Ferret have already posted lengthy reviews about this movie so all i'm gonna say is it rocks and go see it.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:24 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Prometheus" 8/10

I must admit my eyes struggled to stay open during the first hour. Not that it started out bad. It just moved on really, really slow and i came from a big dinner including beer. Not a recommended approach.

Last hour was very entertaining. And of course the entire movie was absolutely beautiful made.

Looking forward to Prometheus 2.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Demon from Ago

Storm Warning 7/10- Decent slasher flick, some clever death scenes but nothing spectacular.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:57 PM
mostly ghostly?

Prometheus (2012)

I'll keep it short, given the many solid reviews up already. I tend more toward Ferret's review of the film. Beyond the visuals, which were absolutely brilliant and endlessly breathtaking, I was left feeling mostly underwhelmed. I thought the script was pretty weak. For a film dealing with the eternal vastness of space and the origins of humanity, it didn't feel very epic to me at all. The motivations behind the humans' mission and those of the space jockey and the arsenal of black goo all felt flat and thrown together.
That being said, between the visuals and effects and sets and acting, there was certainly enough to keep me engrossed for 2 hours. And I'll definitely go see the next one.

Last edited by fortunato; 06-11-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Superman vs. the Elite (2012)

Written by Joe Kelly & based on his story published as "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way?", IMO...this is the BEST of the original DC animated Superman-movies that they made so far. The story is very nicely crafted with a good script that shows what can be done with Superman to keep him relevant in today's world. It finely explores the most human & moral issues of our favorite Man of Steel & put him into a fascinating challenge against a pretty interesting & kinda unusual super villain & his gang. Though I haven't read the comics but the earlier All Star Superman movie pretty much disappointed me after hearing lots of great stuffs about the original comic but here I think they succeed mostly in terms of portraying Superman the way he's supposed to be. There's no General Zod or Lex Luthor nor it was about a particular rivalry or an origin story but still it beautifully delivered what any good superfan wants to see in a movie.
Though I'm not a fan of Japanese Anime sort of artwork for any American superhero animated-movie treatment but it didn't bother me much this time, cause the voice actors did a great job & mainly the story & script was surprisingly too good for a DC animated film.

I absolutely loved it. Highly recommended.

>>: A
Old 06-12-2012, 02:03 AM
Immortal horror fan

Summer's Blood. Also known as Summer's Moon. Should be called Summer's Crap.

Many times I wonder how movies even get the green light. This is a worthless movie. Not even deserving to go straight to DVD. Ashley Greene is a beautiful woman that should be in far better. Her acting is all over the place in this one. Pointless to even watch this one.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Sucker Punch- 8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 06-14-2012, 07:01 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Finished a "Child's Play" marathon last night. I hadn't seen them in a long time, especially the older ones, so I spent the last few nights watching them all.

I still enjoy the 1st 3 movies. Brad Dourif has such a great voice for doing characters. I love the vibe of the first movie and having Chris Sarandon doesn't hurt (loved him in Fright Night). I love Child's Play 2 just because of Christine Elise (had the biggest crush on her growing up), and Child's Play 3 was just perfectly campy.

Bride Of Chucky I hadn't seen since it came out. It's not as bad as I remember it and I still found it enjoyable.

Seed Of Chucky on the other hand I could go another 10-15 years without seeing again.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:58 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdealblues View Post
Brad Dourif has such a great voice for doing characters.
I agree and he can really play psychos well, that's why I think he would be a great Pennywise.