Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Of course not. I overthink everything though.
I do that too.
Little tip: try to limit the overthinking to things that affect your personal life.
To my brain that makes sense. It helps (me) to focus less on trivial things and more on important things.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
I do that too.
Little tip: try to limit the overthinking to things that affect your personal life.
To my brain that makes sense. It helps (me) to focus less on trivial things and more on important things.
Yeah, I really need to do that. It's difficult during the summer though since I really don't have anything to worry about.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
This is the date I usually go by:

There are a couple of exceptions like Haunt and The House of The Devil, but you get the point.
For general identification purposes, I think it's best to use the year next to the title on IMDB because that will be the agreed-upon original release year. (Once in a while they get it wrong but I wouldn't worry about that.)

However, when putting together new "best of" lists, it's better (and common) to use the wider release date. Otherwise many of the best films will never make a list because no one actually saw them the year they were originally "released." This will either be the theatrical, DVD or VOD release date, whichever comes first, and typically the US or UK date (depending on who's writing the article etc.).

For instance, the Fangoria Chainsaw Awards for 2014 (which is an awesome list, by the way) is mostly made up of films originally released on 2013 (Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, Enemy, Witching & Bitching, ...).

Old 06-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Does it really matter that much?
Aw fuck it. I'll just put the year next to the title. That's easier.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:10 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Don't stress yourself, Horcrux. I don't bother with years at all unless I know of another movie that exists with a similar title or a remake.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 06-19-2015, 05:42 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Don't stress yourself, Horcrux. I don't bother with years at all unless I know of another movie that exists with a similar title or a remake.
Yeah no one cares anyway lol
Old 06-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Horror > Everything

I tend to obsess a little bit about release dates, but I think in my case it's just an old man thing.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:04 PM
Evil Sweat

Few people tracking their movies or is that just a thought?
Old 08-01-2015, 01:21 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Few people tracking their movies or is that just a thought?
I keep mine updated. Once in a while I forget a title or two, but when I remember I go back and fix my list. I love seeing how big it gets. Was going great this month, had about a movie a day, then about a week and a half in or so it suddenly went to crap and I feel like I haven't watched a movie in ages.

I guess those of us who update don't have anything to discuss here. I myself just discuss movies I've seen when I post them in the 'last seen vintage/80s/contemporary' topics. I love it when someone else has something to say on a movie I shared with my opinion on it, but not all the time they will, and that's okay. I would be taking the same chance posting here too probably.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 08-05-2015, 06:48 PM
Evil Dead

I really been slacking on watching much movies lately. Earlier in the year I watched quite a bit, but for the last few months im lucky to get 1 or 2 in a month. Though most my free time lately has been spent on video games or music.

Anyhow, I really started getting into Vanishing On 7th Street then it just went drastically downhill to the point I couldnt even finish the film! Thankfully after that I watched The Battery and really enjoyed that.