Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-27-2004, 04:30 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally posted by MythMan84
jsut to state a point basses are guitars, and i didny notice it was a bass until today so i plan on changing it

BAsses ARENT guitars......guitars are skinny basses..... Damn guitarists.....
Old 03-08-2004, 05:55 PM

Wrong.

Guitars and basses are BOTH just retarded ukeleles.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:00 AM
You go girlfriend!

Send a message via AIM to William Send a message via Yahoo to William
Scariest game in my opinion would have to be Clocktower: The First Fear for the Super Nintendo. Although it was never released in the United States, they did a remake of it for the PS1, but they changed around the story a bit and added some things. I have yet to play it, but I think that the original would be better.

Here are some screenshots of the game:

Scissorman

Nice fog effect.

The story:

"Tragedy struck Jennifer Simpson at an early age. First, her mother passed away. Then her father, a medical doctor, mysteriously vanished while answering a late night house call. Seemingly abandoned and with no surviving relatives, the turned custody of Jennifer over to Granite Orphanage. Although quiet and reclusive, Jennifer manged to make friends with a small group of her fellow orphans: Ann, the prankster, the insecure Laura and the pessimistic Lott.

Then in September of 1995, a woman named Mary Barrows visited Granite Orphange. The wife of the wealthy Simon Barrows, Mary Barrows had come in her husbands stead to adopt children for their family. At first Jennifer and her friends were afraid of being separated. However, they were shocked to learn that Mary Barrows planned on adopting all four of them! What followed seemed to come right out of the pages of a fairy tale. Their new stepmother led Jennifer and her friends up the lush country road to the "Clock Tower" mansion. The townspeople called the Barrows mansion this because of the large clock tower built into the roof.

Mary took Jennifer and her friends inside the gigantic mansion that would be their new home. She tells the children to wait there for her in the main hall while she went to get her husband Simon. At first, the children were excited and waited patiently. Soon they realized that Mary has been gone for an awfully long time. Finally, the girls suspect something was terribly wrong. Jennifer told the others to wait for her and decided to go find out what happened to their new Stepmother.

Jennifer was searching for Mary in one of the mansion's long hallways when suddenly the lights went out and there is a blood curdling scream. She rushes back to her friends only to find the main hall deserted. Desperately, Jennifer searched the nearby rooms looking for her friends. Then a being straight out of a nightmare revealed himself, a madman wielding a giant pair of scissors! She thought she'd escaped him, but he kept stalking her and nothing seemed to be able to stop him. Now, you must assume the role of Jennifer to find a way to elude the murderous Scissorman, rescue your friends and escape the Clock Tower mansion before it is too late!"

If you want to play the original, you'll need a SNES emulator, the rom, and a translation patch...unless you of course know japanese.

Great game nonetheless.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:39 PM

That actually looks pretty damn impressive for a Super Nintendo game. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:21 PM
You go girlfriend!

Send a message via AIM to William Send a message via Yahoo to William
Quote:
Originally posted by SoulEater
That actually looks pretty damn impressive for a Super Nintendo game. Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome. I wish it were released in the U.S. though. :(
Old 03-14-2004, 05:29 AM
Undead

Well, I'll have to go with Silent Hill and SH2. They were kinda scary, for as scary as a game could be.

Anyone here had a Commodore 64 when they were young? I remember a game I used to play back then, it was called "friday the 13th" and it was pretty freaky. It had nothing to do with the lame F13 released by Nintendo on the original Nintendo game console. You were playing any character you choosed from and you were roaming around a map, collecting weapons, ranging from a knife to a chainsaw and you had to discover Jason and kill him. Fun part was that you also could kill just anybody you wished!! The challenge of it was that jason was 'sahping' like another character and the only way to find who he was was by witnessing a murder. Pretty damn cool for such a old game. Each time a killed was made, by you or Jason, the screen turned to bright red with a pixelised drawing of a Jason hockey mask showing. A loud girlish scream resounded and the shivers caught me every time. I was about 10 back then and it really was freaky.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Avenger

Send a message via AIM to XFeaRX
Scariest Game Ever

I would have to say the original resident evil. Fuck Silent Hill! (no offense). When I first played Resident Evil when I was about 7, It scared the hell out of me. I do not know why everyone is saying Silent Hill? That game was not scary.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:18 PM

Nope, Silent Hill gets my vote now (yes I'm changing my vote 'cause I just recently played Silent Hill.)

As for why people are voting for SH over RE, it's b/c SH's spookiness is just that. It's not "in your face" zombies and stuff like RE. It's more like being alone in the dark and hearing something off to the side. You turn and sometimes there's nothing. But, on SH, *sometimes* you get demented little kids or evil nurses attacking you from all sides. My only complaint with SH1 is the retarded controls. Apparently the gaming industry hadn't perfected how to use the analog when SH came out :rolleyes:
Old 03-14-2004, 07:52 PM
Hellraiser

The Seventh Guest
Old 03-15-2004, 03:41 AM
Undead

Quote:
Originally posted by Midgard Dragon
Nope, Silent Hill gets my vote now (yes I'm changing my vote 'cause I just recently played Silent Hill.)

As for why people are voting for SH over RE, it's b/c SH's spookiness is just that. It's not "in your face" zombies and stuff like RE. It's more like being alone in the dark and hearing something off to the side. You turn and sometimes there's nothing. But, on SH, *sometimes* you get demented little kids or evil nurses attacking you from all sides. My only complaint with SH1 is the retarded controls. Apparently the gaming industry hadn't perfected how to use the analog when SH came out :rolleyes:
Bingo!

You've got it all right here.

Once again, atmosphere!... It's all about the atmosphere given to the whole game.