Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-20-2015, 12:20 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Circle (2015)

Fifty strangers wake up in a dark room, where they are standing in two concentric circles and have little memory of how they got there. They immediately learn that unseen forces will vaporize them if they move and that even keeping still is no guarantee of safety; and soon they realize that the group itself is somehow collectively deciding who lives and who dies.

A pretty good dialog-driven sci-fi thriller. Recommended.

>>: B+

Howl (2015)

>>: B
Old 10-20-2015, 04:06 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Not enough PG-13 ghosts.

Thumb resize.
Yes I was disappointed as well.

(I actually really liked it tho)
Old 10-20-2015, 08:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomstranger View Post
'Mr. Holmes' (2015)
-Ian McKellen

Plot: IMDB
The story is set in 1947, following a long-retired Holmes living in a Sussex village with his housekeeper and rising detective son. But then he finds himself haunted by an unsolved 30-year old case. Holmes memory isn't what it used to be, so he only remembers fragments of the case: a confrontation with an angry husband, a secret bond with his beautiful but unstable wife.

Phantom's Review:
If your a fan of big budget,action packed special FX blockbusters, then do yourself a favor and don't watch this. If you like, smaller, brilliantly acted dramas, an intriguing mystery and good story, then settle in and watch 'Mr. Holmes'.
Ian McKellen is marvelous as the aged Sherlock Holmes living out his twilight years in the English countryside. The film deals with many concepts. What it's like to old,memories fading, regrets and how one deals with loss as you get older. The film also has an interesting mystery at it's core, that is told in flashbacks. In fact, there several flashbacks that tell different points in the story. This is a character piece and it's told at it's own speed. I enjoyed this film tremendously and I am a life long Holmes fan. If you are too, then watch it. you'll enjoy it.
agree.....an Oscar worthy performance from Mr McKellen.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:25 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

From the Dark

Not bad for a vampire flick.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 10-21-2015, 12:59 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Subjects (2015)

>>: C

Fury: The Tales of Ronan Pierce (2014)

>>: C-
Old 10-21-2015, 04:31 AM
No, fuck YOU

Thumb resize.

"Visions" 7/10

It's clear to see director Kevin Greutert (Jessabelle) knows how to make horror movies, coz everything about the production is top notch. Just one big problem. The Story. It just drags, and drags, and drags only accompanied by occasional atmospheric build-ups leading to nothing except for a few cheap jump scares. At least Jessabelle had glimps of originality in the story. This one doesn't.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:45 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Puppet Master 4

...did I post here I saw 3... oh well I saw that too. I swear they're doing a roulette of plots for these. First two were fairly consecutive, third was a flashback, and fourth is back in the present I guess but they don't seem to be pissed off at Toulon anymore?

There's also so much wrong with the continuities. In the second movie Tunneler was dead, in this one he wasn't. In the first movie the Jester was the last puppet Toulon ever made, in the third one it was made before even hook hand guy (i don't know his nickname). Six Shooter was in both the third and fourth but where was he in the first two? Leech face was apparently Toulon's wife but why was he trying to summon her into a full size puppet then in the end of the second one... Just a bunch of confusing continuity screw ups. I don't see how they had so many sequels.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 10-21-2015, 02:16 PM
Penthouse Pauper

The Haunting in Connecticut. Holy jump scares Batman! Bored me to tears.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:17 PM
Evil Sweat

Minions (2015)
B-
Overal not bad but I expected something different.
Spoiler 'I was hoping the story would be about the minions as a group and not about 3 minions on some quest.'
Best thing about the movie was the music. I think most if not all songs were pre 1980. A minion even played a bit of Van Halen's Eruption.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:45 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Minions (2015)
B-
Overal not bad but I expected something different.
Spoiler 'I was hoping the story would be about the minions as a group and not about 3 minions on some quest.'
Best thing about the movie was the music. I think most if not all songs were pre 1980. A minion even played a bit of Van Halen's Eruption.
Do you spend the month of halloween watching cartoons?

You're weird, man..

Tags
movie