Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Forensic Pathology Nerd

Shivers, Sanitarim, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame. Can't choose. Shivers is the only game that can get me scared. The 7th Guest was the first horror game I ever played.

Last edited by swiftdeath; 01-11-2004 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:20 AM
That fucking Guy...

Clock tower was pretty fucked up...I liked that....
havent played the sequels...
I had a dreamcast, and I remember a game (jap port) where you were some girl who got tickets to go to some "terrifying" theme park, you go in with friends, who dissapear, and you've gotta keep an eye on your "fear levels" or something....god it was confusing, but scary all the same, the name of the game was the same as the name of the "theme park" in it, I think....bloodlet or something....blood something, Im sure.....that's it, IllBleed!
violent too!
ghosts n goblins was pretty good, yeah, although I think it totally got out-done by the sequels, ghouls n ghosts, and super ghoulds n ghosts, pretty much diff versions of the same game, did u know the ps2 title "maximo" is meant to be like, the third game in the series....boy oh boy, it sure lost its feel, didnt it...?
Old 01-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Scares Little Kids

Location: here... no there, no thats still not right... over there... no STILL not right... how about here, there, and over there all at once! AKA schizophrenia (theres three of me :D)
Send a message via AIM to psyco_wolf Send a message via Yahoo to psyco_wolf
i heard clocktower was a good game for the most part, just as you said, screwed up... hmm, i heard form a few people i know that in the second the voice acting was awful, funny, but awful.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to Evil Ash
Clive Barker's Undying

Scariest game I have ever played. Fun and beautiful to boot. Playing this late at night, home alone, tired. Oh god. It's not really the OMGMONSTERS kind of scary. The environment, the silent sound of howlers, and the omniscient shadow that seems to follow you that just sends chills up your spine and makes you want to close your eyes. I love this game. Scyre mode is also freaky, it's a spell that allows you to peer into the world of the undead. You see some freaky shit with that thing.

Aliens vs Predator 2

This is the kind of game that will give you a heartattack. Especially human campaign, or multiplayer as a human. I'm always an alien, so I'm the guy speeding around stopping players' hearts. Tis major fun.

Blood

My favourite BUILD game of all time. It's more fun and hilarious than scary, but there are many parts, especially the haunted house level, where I got the shit scared out of me. Closets stuffed with grim reapers that litterally SCREAM in your FACE. Playing this game on my TV, late at night, made it all better. The room was black, when a fucking red eyed ghost scares the shit out of me and the room just lights up red because I got hit... I almost died I swear. Fun times.

Quote:
Originally posted by agoniste
i'd have to say Silent Hill 1/2 and Resident Evil serie..
i heard about games called Phantasmagoria.
it's like a movie but u r the hero..
anybody played it?
I own this game, and I did actually forget about it unitl I read this post. This game was uber-freaky, especially the ending, and the greenhouse scene. Fucking hell, I shit my pants. I was 12... havn't played it since. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by Evil Ash; 01-12-2004 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:26 PM

I thought I was the only person in the world that had played Shivers. I don't remember being particularly scared at any point in the game but I do remember running a cheese-grater over my eyballs in frustration at the puzzles. Chinese checkers anyone? I was only 12 at the time but from what I recall, it was an excellent game.

The soundtrack was also very good and I've spent many fruitless hours trying to find the damn thing online. If anybody could shine some light in my direction -- not the cheeseball sampler gimmick that came with Shivers 2 please -- I would be VERY grateful.

I'm playing scary games more than I watch scary movies these days and the current, and most likely all-time champion, is the original Silent Hill. I love the series and everything it's done but as far as pure terror is concerned, the first is the best.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh...

Last edited by SoulEater; 01-13-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Something about a pillow

The first Silent Hill

I played it before I got into horror and it scared the hell out of me!
I just remember walking around in a school and those creature things jumping out with the *SCREECH SCREECH SCREECH* sounds they made.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:21 PM
That fucking Guy...

What th fuck were thos lil ghost babies? I only had the game on hire, and hadda return it the next day, so I never made it beyond the "piano" scene, I think I just said "fuck it" as soon as I saw it....but those ghost baby thingz, what was with them?
Old 01-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Forensic Pathology Nerd

I don't know why Shivers scares me, but yesterday I was playing Silent Hill 3 and I came across this one part where a dog is barking at you and I thought it was one of the monsters. Turns out it was just a scary effect.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:13 PM

The little ghosts that you refer to are called "Stalkers" and they are impervious to any damage. Their purpose is to - while unnerving the player - cause you to waste unnecessary ammo. If you use the aglophotus (red liquid found in the hospital after meeting Dr. Kaufman) on them in the Lakeside Amusement Park, you can trigger a glitch that allows you to bypass the fight with Cybil and the cut-scene involving Dahlia and Alessa.

In a way you are correct Swiftdeath; the sound effect that they used for te Stalkers is that of a small dog barking.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to Mike_the_killer
I'd have to say the remake or Resident Evil one for the Gamecube