Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-27-2015, 09:38 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
I love you, Sculpt.

As much as I love James Spader, Ultron wasn't at all like he should have been. But Tony Stark created him instead of Hank Pym, so did you really expect accuracy? And don't even get me started on how much of a fuckwad Tony suddenly became in AOU...

Did anyone else get CHILLS when Thanos got all 'want something done right...'?!
But after how painful AOU was to watch with the team fighting among themselves... I do not look forward to the third installment...
Exactly. Who are these 'marketers' making these horribly damaging asinine changes to proven successful stories? Ninety percent of the general public don't know the original stories; and those who do want the film to stick to the original.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:54 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Exactly. Who are these 'marketers' making these horribly damaging asinine changes to proven successful stories? Ninety percent of the general public don't know the original stories; and those who do want the film to stick to the original.
Oh those who don't know the original want it to stick to the original too! Example:

I didn't have comic book access or money to get them growing up, so I watched the cartoons I could and the movies they put out. The shows weren't a lot since I didn't have many channels, but my dad loves collecting movies, and he happens to like the super hero genre, so he bought them and that was about 93% of my comic book character experience (at least growing up).

One in particular I remember was Toby Maguire's Spider-Man. In the movie his shooters weren't home made or developed by him or any form of science that showed off his genius. They came OUT OF HIM. As far as I knew, this was accurate. And when I saw the recent reboot, I felt like a fucking idiot. So much of the movie I couldn't stay focused on because I was still stuck on this stupid fact I was never privy to with my weak exposure to comic books.

I do more digging these days when watching super hero movies. I read some comics when I have money to buy one or two (although they're always Hulk or Werewolf related, because priorities), I browse the net looking for back info when I want to know more, and if I watch cartoons (and especially movies) I check my facts before taking anything as canon because I am not making that mistake again. Older cartoons are usually more reliable.
[/rant]

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 11-28-2015, 04:04 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quicksilver is alive yeah
Old 11-28-2015, 05:27 AM
Banned

We just have to wait and see how Infinity War goes. Thanos has the gauntlet and I assume by the end of IW part 1 he will have all the stones. I was expecting Ultron to be more badass and ruthless but I still have faith in Thanos I mean imo the only villain in Marvel who would be a challenge for him is Gallactus.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:46 AM
Evil Dead

Attached Images
File Type: jpg iwant.jpg (39.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-28-2015, 11:57 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Oh those who don't know the original want it to stick to the original too! Example:

I didn't have comic book access or money to get them growing up, so I watched the cartoons I could and the movies they put out. The shows weren't a lot since I didn't have many channels, but my dad loves collecting movies, and he happens to like the super hero genre, so he bought them and that was about 93% of my comic book character experience (at least growing up).

One in particular I remember was Toby Maguire's Spider-Man. In the movie his shooters weren't home made or developed by him or any form of science that showed off his genius. They came OUT OF HIM. As far as I knew, this was accurate. And when I saw the recent reboot, I felt like a fucking idiot. So much of the movie I couldn't stay focused on because I was still stuck on this stupid fact I was never privy to with my weak exposure to comic books.

I do more digging these days when watching super hero movies. I read some comics when I have money to buy one or two (although they're always Hulk or Werewolf related, because priorities), I browse the net looking for back info when I want to know more, and if I watch cartoons (and especially movies) I check my facts before taking anything as canon because I am not making that mistake again. Older cartoons are usually more reliable.
[/rant]
Im more like you in that sense... I got 90% of my info from the cartoons, as wasnt a big comic book buyer/reader. The early cartoons were 100% cannon, and most up till now are accurate too.

Its Hollywood film that has a long history of destroying original stories and cannons.

Spiderman shooting webs from his own body is a horrible change because one, he's a scientist -- who can change the formula and mechanics to match the foe and situation, and two, there are exciting moments when he runs out of web, and has to get creative. How shortsighted do you have to be to give up that story device?

Old 11-29-2015, 05:18 AM

Don't forget to get your Christmas Advent calendars, grinches! Anybody use those?
Old 11-29-2015, 06:28 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
Don't forget to get your Christmas Advent calendars, grinches! Anybody use those?
I do
Old 11-29-2015, 06:32 AM
Evil Dead

Got my eye on the Stars and the Horizon....lookin' forward on the upcomin' Solstice here Bloof. 21 nights 'erso now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stack.jpg (37.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-29-2015, 07:40 AM
A VERY OLD BROAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady View Post
I do too!

HELL IN A DRESS!