Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Hellraiser

dwight fry dracule (1931) he was in it wasnt he :confused:
Old 03-04-2007, 03:27 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick View Post
dwight fry dracule (1931) he was in it wasnt he :confused:
Dwight Frye (with an E at the end) played Renfield in Dracula '31. Easily my all-time favourite film character.

Alice Cooper wrote a song about him, The Ballad of Dwight Fry (no E)...based on Renfield, but using Frye's name. Its a cool song.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Hellraiser

man thats hardcore you shere no a lot about horror films but any way do you no if the 75 annivarsery editon of the bride of frankenstein has been relaesd
Old 03-04-2007, 03:41 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
man thats hardcore you shere no a lot about horror films but any way do you no if the 75 annivarsery editon of the bride of frankenstein has been relaesd
Compared to alot of folks around here, I dont know jack. But thanks for the compliment all the same:)

As far as the 75th anniversary of Bride...I hate to disapoint you, but to the best of my knowledge they havent announced plans for a special edition. Sorry:( (though I could be wrong, it has happened before)
Old 03-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Hellraiser

shit man i got the 75th editon of dracule amd frankenstein bit the bride is just amazing well thinks
Old 03-04-2007, 03:50 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
shit man i got the 75th editon of dracule amd frankenstein bit the bride is just amazing well thinks
Agreed dude - personally I prefer Bride to the original Frankenstein. They're both great, but Bride just has that little something more.

I checked around on the net for you though...not looking like they're planning any more Anniversary editions:(
Old 03-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
I think Bride is Whale's White Album. Bold, experimental, a culmination of style that shows what he's all about. So few movies examine so many facets of what makes life terrifying and difficult. The questions of faith, love, selfhood, societal restraint and our search for acceptance are dealt with really artfully. Although it's racist and overblown, I like his portrayal of Fu Manchu. He's a real embodiment of a country's irrational fear and horror movies are where we deal with irrational fear.

Last edited by Doc Faustus; 03-05-2007 at 12:39 PM. Reason: accidental omission
Old 03-05-2007, 06:56 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
I think Bride is Whale's White Album. Bold, experimental, a culmination of style that shows what he's all about. So few movies examine so many facets of what makes life terrifying and difficult. The questions of faith, love, selfhood, societal restraint and our search for acceptance are dealt with really artfully. Although it's racist and overblown, I like his portrayal of Fu Manchu. He's a real embodiment of a country's irrational fear and horror movies are where we deal with irrational fear.
Did he do multiple Fu Manchu movies, or just Mask of Fu Manchu?

I thought Mask of Fu Manchu was pretty fun, pretty over-the-top but very entertaining.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Scares Little Kids

the black room but i havent seen it on dvd is it even in print
Old 03-06-2007, 07:08 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by karloff _fan View Post
the black room but i havent seen it on dvd is it even in print
You can get it in a pretty cool looking Karloff boxset:

http://www.amazon.com/Icons-Horror-K...3240906&sr=1-1

Looks pretty awesome, I might have to grab a copy myself...