Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   fav boris karloff flick (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28449)

trick 03-04-2007 11:37 AM

fav boris karloff flick

i think the best one is the raven just because it has the two greatest actors of all time

alkytrio666 03-04-2007 11:40 AM

Ah yes..."the rave''...a good one for sure.

Bride of Frankenstein (1935), easily.

trick 03-04-2007 11:43 AM

bride is diffently amazing by the way does any one no if they relased the 75 annviersary editon yet i just got frankenstein for my 17th bd and its like watching a new movie at is sharper clearer its the perfect editon

The_Return 03-04-2007 02:44 PM

Assuming that the Frankenstein movies are a given, I say The Body Snatacher (1945) has got to be one of his best. Cabman Grey is just a damn cool character, gives Karloff the perfect chance to show off his vilanous chops.

Ive yet to see any of Karloff's other Lewton movies, but if they're anywhere near as good as Body Snatcher Im really missing out.

alkytrio666 03-04-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Return (Post 564291)
Assuming that the Frankenstein movies are a given, I say The Body Snatacher (1945) has got to be one of his best. Cabman Grey is just a damn cool character, gives Karloff the perfect chance to show off his vilanous chops.

Ive yet to see any of Karloff's other Lewton movies, but if they're anywhere near as good as Body Snatcher Im really missing out.

Yeah, you need to collect the whole bunch, my friend.

Isle of the Dead is fucking supreme. Chilling ending.

trick 03-04-2007 03:10 PM

hm body snatcher isnt that where karloff steales bodys from the graveyards i think i have it but im not positive

alkytrio666 03-04-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trick (Post 564300)
hm body snatcher isnt that where karloff steales bodys from the graveyards i think i have it but im not positive

That's the one. Not to be confused with the one where bodies are stolen in order to create Boris Karloff.

trick 03-04-2007 03:14 PM

yea i just found my copy it a shity vhs copy probably the first vhs copy to come out i found it at a pawn shop o and the movie u just referd to being frankstein colin clive was the one who stole the bodys o and that dude who payed fritez i cant ever remeber his name

The_Return 03-04-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trick (Post 564303)
yea i just found my copy it a shity vhs copy probably the first vhs copy to come out i found it at a pawn shop o and the movie u just referd to being frankstein colin clive was the one who stole the bodys o and that dude who payed fritez i cant ever remeber his name

Dwight Frye

One of my idols...amazing underracted actor.

The_Return 03-04-2007 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkytrio666 (Post 564298)
Yeah, you need to collect the whole bunch, my friend.

Isle of the Dead is fucking supreme. Chilling ending.

Yeah, I really do. Even though I already have a couple of the discs seperatly, I think I might just double dip and grab the boxset. Looks like the only way I'll be able to get the rest.