Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-09-2014, 12:06 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Ricky 6, 2000. 7/10
If you are are a completist - there is another film based on Ricky Kasso besides the Van Bebber one called Black Circle Boys. It's not great though.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:41 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
The soundtrack was arguably the scariest part, especially during the BBQ film. I give the movie a 9/10. I wish I could find it on DVD somewhere because I've looked at a bunch of movie stores, and I couldn't find a copy.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AJL...&pi=SY200_QL40

Old 11-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Agreed. I thought this was well made and builds to some genuinely scary scenes. Story, characters & plot don't have much depth, but still manages to be engaging supernatural horror.
I've read people all over the internet hate it, even Whannell hates it, but I don't see why. I may buy this on DVD if I find myself wanting to watch it again, which seems likely.

900th post :P

Last edited by horcrux2007; 11-09-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Evil Dead

The ABC's of Death

I actually had to stop watching this one partway through, and pretty early at that. I stopped watching after F because I didn't want to suffer through about 20 more segments. Only 1 or 2 of the segments I watched were passable, A and D. I don't think it's fair for me to grade this since I didn't finish it, but I don't ever plan to watch the rest of this movie.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
I actually had to stop watching this one partway through, and pretty early at that. I stopped watching after F because I didn't want to suffer through about 20 more segments. Only 1 or 2 of the segments I watched were passable, A and D. I don't think it's fair for me to grade this since I didn't finish it, but I don't ever plan to watch the rest of this movie.
Think that's as far as I got too. It would've been good if the filmmakers took it seriously

Old 11-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Think that's as far as I got too. It would've been good if the filmmakers took it seriously
Almost all of them just looked really unprofessional. Youtube videos have better quality than the ones I saw, especially C and E.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post

10/10
I agree!! I thought this was a very well made movie, one that you find yourself really feeling the characters. I wish there more like this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
violence nudity and swearing makes everything better...

Exhibit 1 your honour:

I can provide another 150+ examples if need be.
Piranha 3D - terrible movie!! Especially the floating piece of "anatomy". I'm guilty of watching the whole movie though

Quote:
I'm not saying a movie is bad because it's PG-13. I'm saying, more often than not, a PG-13 horror movies are usually bad.
The same thing could be said about R movies.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
CARLITO'S WAY (1993). One of DePalma's better films with compelling Al Pacino, Sean Penn, Luiz Guzman and a too short Viggo Mortenson performances. ****1/2
Excellent movie!! Yeah, I'ma HUGE Viggo fan and it would have been nice to have seen more of him in this flick!

Quote:
The soundtrack was arguably the scariest part, especially during the BBQ film. I give the movie a 9/10. I wish I could find it on DVD somewhere because I've looked at a bunch of movie stores, and I couldn't find a copy.
FamilyVideo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post

Sanctum
2011 (on netflix)

6.5/10

If you like exploration & survival films, & the like: cave or underwater films, I think you'll enjoy this. It's what I'd call "reality horror", or just plain a personal disaster film (like your own personal Towering Inferno).

I think it was well shot & well made. Good cinematography, sets, sounds. The acting is solid when you accept the characters are a mix of hard-ass explorers, Xtreme sporters, survivalists & rich asshole types. Realizing that, I thought the stoicism was mildly realistic character development, enough for the type of film it's trying to be (it's not Terms of Endearment).

Most of the scenes are very real, and the rest plausible -- in that area of 'who knows unless you're in that extreme situation' plausibility.

Looking at the ratings & reviews at large, I think most are being awfully harsh; as if they were expecting 'James Cameron's Titanic' in a cave. Cameron didn't write or direct it, he just funded it.
I think that I enjoyed the cinematography more than anything else. I thought the movie was well done, it was not meant to be a horror movie, just a good thriller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
If you are are a completist - there is another film based on Ricky Kasso besides the Van Bebber one called Black Circle Boys. It's not great though.
Yeah, Black Circle Boys was pretty far out there....

Most recent movie for me:

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

A+

Excellent movie!! I enjoyed this one as much as the first one. Mickey Rourke rocks!!

Old 11-10-2014, 09:26 AM
Evil Dead

6/10
Old 11-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Evil Dead

7.5/10
Old 11-10-2014, 07:32 PM
the sickest libra you kno

as above so below

Anyone else think as above so below was a total piece of garbage with a good concept? There is a full review on my web page ofpipesandpens.com

Tags
movie