Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-27-2010, 11:02 AM
For Vendetta

Avatar all set to be a quadrilogy!!

James Cameron has made up his mind. He can’t get Avatar out of his head. And he’s doing the right thing, shooting two sequels to Avatar (possibly back to back), because he’s going to give audiences more of what they want.

It may be a no-brainer but it's officially official now: Avatar 2 and Avatar 3 are happening, and are set for release in 2014 and 2015 after shooting back-to-back, with production set to start next year.

James Cameron officially, 100% announced today that they will be his next films, but has not yet confirmed titles or any other details.

The news means that we have some exciting Christmases lined up for the next few years. This year we've got the new Narnia and Tron; next year it's Puss In Boots and Sherlock Holmes 2, then there's two years of The Hobbit planned for 2012 and 2013, and after that two Decembers rich in Avatar.

It's like Santa's pulling the strings at Hollywood's big studios.

Cameron will get cracking on the scripts for the two films early in 2011 (he already has loads of leftover material from his first go-round, which took a decade to write), and has set his sights on starting production later in the year, but won’t decide on a final shooting schedule for the two films until he finishes the script:

“It is a rare and remarkable opportunity when a filmmaker gets to build a fantasy world, and watch it grow, with the resources and partnership of a global media company,” James said in a statement to Access Hollywood. “‘Avatar’ was conceived as an epic work of fantasy – a world that audiences could visit, across all media platforms, and this moment marks the launch of the next phase of that world. With two new films on the drawing boards, my company and I are embarking on an epic journey with our partners at Twentieth Century Fox. Our goal is to meet and exceed the global audience’s expectations for the richness of ‘Avatar’s’ visual world and the power of the storytelling.

“In the second and third films, which will be self contained stories that also fulfill a greater story arc, we will not back off the throttle of ‘Avatar’s’ visual and emotional horsepower, and will continue to explore its themes and characters, which touched the hearts of audiences in all cultures around the world,” James continued. “I’m looking forward to returning to Pandora, a world where our imaginations can run wild.”

Cameron and his partner Jon Landau will produce for Lightstorm Entertainment.

“Avatar” is the highest grossing film of all time, taking in nearly $2.8 billion in worldwide box office. It is also the top-selling Blu-ray disc of all time. The film won Golden Globe awards for Best Motion Picture and Best Director; and was nominated for nine Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director, and won Oscars for art direction, visual effects and cinematography.

Rest assured that we'll be keeping an eye on this one as it goes forward.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 AM
For Vendetta

James Cameron will only make 'Avatar' movies from now on.

Quote:
“I’m in the Avatar business. Period. That’s it. I’m making Avatar 2, Avatar 3, maybe Avatar 4, and I’m not going to produce other people’s movies for them. I’m not interested in taking scripts…. I think within the Avatar landscape I can say everything I need to say that I think needs to be said, in terms of the state of the world and what I think we need to be doing about it. And doing it in an entertaining way. And anything I can’t say in that area, I want to say through documentaries, which I’m continuing. I’ve done five documentaries in the last 10 years, and I’ll hopefully do a lot more. In fact, I’m doing one right now, which is on this, the Deep Sea Challenge project that we just completed the first expedition. So that’ll be a film that’ll get made this year and come out first quarter of next year.”
About Avatar 2:

Quote:
“So we’ve been mostly working on the tool set, the production pipeline, setting up the new stages in Los Angeles, setting up the new visual effects pipeline in New Zealand, that sort of thing. And, by the way, writing.”
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/05/0...ameron-avatar/

Full interview - http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...o-productions/
Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

That's really kind of sad...Cameron has done some fantastic stuff and now he's limiting himself to a single make-believe world. Avatar just does nothing for me.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Rebel Without Applause

R.I.P James Cameron.

Him and George Lucas can have fun fondling each other for the rest of eternity.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:52 AM
Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
It's like Jews' are pulling the strings at Hollywood's big studios.
you got that right. at least cameron can make more money off a terrible movie, so i mean hes smart, i applaud him for making a ton more money than i do :)
Old 05-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Horror writer

and Hollywood dives into deeper depths of suckery
Old 06-26-2012, 09:47 PM
For Vendetta

James Cameron filming 3 'Avatar' sequels back-to-back-to-back!

http://www.hitfix.com//news/james-ca...gourney-weaver
Old 09-17-2013, 05:42 AM
For Vendetta

Arnold Schwarzenegger Will Play A Baddie In James Cameron's 'Avatar 2'

Quote:
Across three films—"The Terminator," "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" and "True Lies"—Arnold Schwarzenegger and James Cameron have made some iconic blockbusters and also a helluva lot of money. Moreover, they've become friends as well, with Schwarzenegger honoring the director at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival a few years back, and even joining Cameron deep in the jungles of the Amazon when he was working on a documentary about tribes in the region.

And now, Latino Review reports that Arnold Schwarzenegger will play "a bad guy human general" in "Avatar 2."

Scheduling might be a concern given that Arnie is all-set for "The Terminator" reboot for summer 2015. That said, there is still no solid release date for "Avatar 2," with 2015 being the earliest it'll arrive, so it could all work out.

This is the first time Arnie and Cameron have worked together on a film set in two decades. And with the Governator already on the downward slope to 70 years old and showing no signs of stopping, a bad guy turn in a mega-sequel is sort of interesting, even if we can barely muster enthusiasm for an "Avatar" sequel in general.
http://latino-review.com/2013/09/exc...y-in-avatar-2/
Old 10-21-2013, 07:27 AM
For Vendetta

Sam Worthington is all signed up to return to Pandora for the various sequels to Avatar, with the star confirming that filming is set to begin in October 2014.

James Cameron is thought to be hard at work on pre-production on the sequels, with the second, third and fourth instalments set to film back to back.

"We are going to start [shooting] this time next year and we will do two, three and four," said Worthington in an interview with an Australian radio station. "I'll be grateful if it finishes!"

We'll take that last aside as a wry comment on what promises to be a gruelling shoot, rather than Worthington's diminishing interest in the franchise as a whole! Although three sequels does seem like a lot.

Worthington went on to suggest that the three films will be filmed within a year-long shoot, which would set the studio up to release a sequel each December for 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Get comfortable on Pandora everyone… we won't be leaving for a while yet!

http://www.slashfilm.com/avatar-sequ...m-worthington/

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...-1226742231535
Old 10-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Evil Dead

Gods, I truly hated Avatar. Stereotypical characters, insipid acting and a story stolen from a dozen other films.I used to like Cameron but now, he's just a lost cause.