Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-24-2013, 06:33 PM
ventricle

Tech Problem Signature pic

Hi! In my user profile, I'm trying to add a signature pic, but both upload and link to pic aren't working.

In Settings & Options/Edit Signature, first I used Option 2 and uploaded my pic. The pic is both smaller than 100x500 pixels and less than 19.5 kb. It's a .gif, but I tried a .jpg too. I did the browse to pic, Upload, the site uploaded it without any error message, the pic displays in the "Your Current Signature Picture" section, I then clicked 'Insert Signature Picture', which put the "[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]" in the 'your signature' window, ('Preview Signature' button displays the pic fine in the 'Preview' section), and I clicked the 'Save Signature' button, and site goes to 'Usercp.php' page without any errors messages, seems to have taken it fine. Everything looks fine on Edit Signature page: I see the pic displaying in preview, and [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] is in the 'your signature' window. But at the bottom of my posts in the forum no signature appears. (My avatar is working ok.)

I also tried using the Option 1 URL link to the pic from my photobucket account, (pic within the limits) and when I hit Upload, I got the error page message "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."

So both methods didn't work (if Im doing them correctly, and I think I am, as I've added sigs this way on many other sites). Right now, I have the uploaded .gif pic set. Can you help? Thanks!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Cranky

I'm not sure what the exact specs are, but 100 X 500 pixels is way too big. My current sig pic is 141 X 151.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 03-24-2013, 08:13 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
I'm not sure what the exact specs are, but 100 X 500 pixels is way too big. My current sig pic is 141 X 151.
You mean your avatar is 141x151? Cause you signature pic is 486px × 60px
that's this one:

I talking about the one that would appear at the bottom of our posts.

It looks like mine is working now! Thanks!

Old 03-24-2013, 08:41 PM
Cranky

You're right. Got my terms mixed up. For your signature just use standard html, that sigpic code is bolox.

Just upload your picture somewhere and then use a standard img tag.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff