Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Wicked Witch Of The North

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
I have always loved stories about the supernatural, I do not remember which movie went from being a child's movie about the paranormal or some adventure flick to being horror. I think perhaps the first real horror film I saw was The Firestarter, though it could have been some vintage black and white vampire movie to. I think I was 11 when I saw Coppola's Dracula and I think I saw Firestarter before that.

I do not think it was one character that made me love horror. I just love stories about the supernatural and such stories often are horror. Come to think about it it might be those early books and cartoons with ghost and vampire and witch characters which laid the foundation for the love I have for horror today.

That being said my earliest horror memory is from I was about a year old or so when my mother watched something with floating eyeballs, it obviously scared me, but fascinated me as well as I spoke about those floating eyeballs for years to come.
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@
Old 03-03-2011, 06:26 AM
From The Beyond

I saw a man's face being crushed by a lift I still to this day have no idea what film it was. Funny how a gruesome image lingers with you.

Floating eyeballs? The House Of the Katakuris?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookZombie View Post
I have always loved stories about the supernatural, I do not remember which movie went from being a child's movie about the paranormal or some adventure flick to being horror
I've been always old school about horror and as a Kid the Universal and then Hammer got me into the genre. As I got older I loved the gritty look of TCM and last house. I think I've always been a few generations behind.

As for reading I love old supernatural..I much prefer MR James/William Hope Hodgson/AC Doyle and Lovecraft to modern authors (not that I don't enjoy them too)

Last edited by Ferox13; 03-04-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 AM

[QUOTE=Ferox13;887551]I've been always old school about horror and as a Kid the Universal and then Hammer got me into the genre. As I got older I loved the gritty look of TCM and last house. I think I've always been a few generations behind.

Me too. Love the Universal and Hammer horror films. TCM does put some good horror films on too!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

[QUOTE=The Ugly Duchess;887554]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
I've been always old school about horror and as a Kid the Universal and then Hammer got me into the genre. As I got older I loved the gritty look of TCM and last house. I think I've always been a few generations behind.

Me too. Love the Universal and Hammer horror films. TCM does put some good horror films on too!
I meant TCm as in Texas CHainsaw.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Evil Dead

[QUOTE=Ferox13;887555]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ugly Duchess View Post

I meant TCm as in Texas CHainsaw.
It's probably quite unlikely that you'll ever see TCM on TCM:)
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 03-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Cranky

I believe they HAVE shown it...

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 03-04-2011, 03:12 AM
From The Beyond

The horror channel showed an uncut version of I Spit On Your Grave which I believe is still banned so it wouldnt surprise if TCM was slipped onto the schedules-stranger things have happened :)
Old 03-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Scares Little Kids

My 1st was probably the Return of the Living Dead
2 characters really

Being a young boy at the time, Linnea Quigley's character made me love nudity in horror movies.
Secondly, that Zombie in the basement scared the **** out of me. It haunted me for years, but at the same time I loved it.

Watched it again recently, for the 1st time in around 20 years. This time around it's just laugh out loud funny. Great to rekindle my affection for Linnea also
Old 03-04-2011, 10:29 AM
From The Beyond

Classic flick that hellraiser I also adore Hellbound the sequel I think it is very underrated. I think after that it went downhill though.