Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Scares Little Kids

I love Brock Lesnar, I think he's a MONSTER!

I think it'll be quite awhile before anyone can take that World Title from him.

It's odd, I can only watch MMA with friends and other people. If I try watching it on my own, I get bored and it's just not the same.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:11 AM
ita formido mortalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Blazer View Post
I love Brock Lesnar, I think he's a MONSTER!

I think it'll be quite awhile before anyone can take that World Title from him.

It's odd, I can only watch MMA with friends and other people. If I try watching it on my own, I get bored and it's just not the same.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to (respectfully) strongly disagree with you. The rabid MMA/Boxing fan in me can't help it. I really was disgusted by Brock's post-fight antics, and while I respect him as a fighter I'm not a fan of him at all. He'll have a lot of trouble against Carwin, who is actually larger than him (and at least as good as a wrestler with more powerful striking), and probably Cro-Cop too who has a reach and height advantage - and not to mention leg kicks of doom. Fedor would armbar him inside two rounds, there is not another fighter who has more all around skill and intelligence than Fedor. Brock is still developing, and in another 5 years may be regarded as one of the greats, just not now. He doesn't really have a world title, like boxing, MMA is splintered. The UFC, like all fight promotions, want it to be a "world title" but it's all just hyperbole. You got to watch a lot of fights, not just ones that happen in the US, to see who is really the best at each weight class.

It's really, really worth it to understand the art of fighting, at least it is for me, keeps me motivated to train and workout myself. It's exciting to watch with friends, I know what your saying - but it's also sublime to watch a fight by yourself and catch all the subtleties that are always overlooked. It's like watching the Exorcist alone in the dark by yourself.

http://www.facebook.com/AperionProject
-------------------------
Old 07-22-2009, 06:36 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
ooh ooh ahh ahh ahh

I AM BOSS MONKEY
But you're so wrong... the boss monkey isn't even a fighter, his name's Dana White and he has no problem displaying the power he has over these fighters.